Bradley lowery

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Connor, Jul 7, 2017.

1. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Why exactly? For saying it is terrible news? For giving my sympathy?

Or for asking a genuine question of what made one poor little boy newsworthy over all the others? It is a genuine question. It doesn't mean that I don't think he's newsworthy. It doesn't mean I feel any less for him or his family or friends. It doesn't mean jack **** bad about him to be perfectly honest. It was a genuine question of can anyone explain why his battle was picked up on?
    I understand if the Sunderland question was a bit insensitively worded but again it's a genuine question. Do we really think that a football club who would cover up a child molester playing for them would be against seizing the opportunity to try to improve its public image?
    That isn't criticising Jermaine Defoe who was obviously extremely touched in the same way Alfie Mawson was.

What I am asking is not SHOULD the media have ran with the story. But why did they? Genuinely when so many childrens stories go unheard why was his covering every newspaper and news site? Again not 'it shouldn't have been' but why? I was hoping for a genuine answer from somebody who knew facts that I don't. Instead all I get is abuse. Fair Dos.

gingerwizard likes this.
  2. Donny Red

Donny Red Well-Known Member

Retired.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I have been talking to my brother in law who's the Sunderland fan to try to understand what happened
    regarding Johnson who despite facing sexual impropriety charges relating to an underage girl was allowed
    to continue playing. Apparently the Clubs Chief Executive Margaret Byrne acted as the interface between
    Sunderland AFC and the Police and whilst being made aware of the charges being brought against the
    player she advised the Club he be allowed to continue playing. It was only when the Club knew the full facts regarding
    the charges Johnson was to face that they suspended him and ultimately cancelled his contract.

For her part Ms Byrne whilst admitting she knew the facts said she had taken the decision to advise the Club to
    let Johnson play on was based on the concept of innocent until proved guilty. She later admitted a serious error of judgement
    and resigned from her position. Johnson has since claimed that the Club knew the facts surrounding the case from the
    time he was charged but the current SAFC spokesperson has denied that statement.

Obviously flattered by the attentions of a 15 year old schoolgirl Johnson exchanged in excess of 800 WhatsApp texts
    with the girl and we now know that his selfish behaviour has not only seriously affected the life of a young and impressionable teenage girl it has ended his career and probably any prospects of future employment in the game but unwittingly has dragged the hitherto good name of Sunderland AFC through the mud into the bargain.