Brexit - Labour to back 2nd referendum

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Farnham_Red, Feb 25, 2019.

1. shenk1

shenk1 Well-Known Member

Urine Extraction Technician
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    From that simple statement I can tell one of your reasons for voting to leave.

Jimmy viz likes this.
  2. MDG

MDG Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    From your simple statement I can tell that you have no idea. Enlighten me. I'll give you a helping hand it's about 75% not wanting more political union with the EU, and about 25% wanting to be more global focused with trade etc rather than EU centric.

From my statement that Page Hall makes Barnsley look fantastic. It does, simple as that. Boarded up properties everywhere, streets littered with thrown out rubbish and appliances. Large amount of occupied houses with overgrown gardens, graffiti.. You name it. I don't think in Barnsley we have anywhere that closely resembles that, even in the most run down areas.

3. Dan

DannyWilsonLovechild Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Think you'll find you brought it up when replying to Jimmy Viz, I just posted the image to remind you how fantastically misleading it was.

Mattessons?

Jimmy viz likes this.
  4. MDG

MDG Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Fridge raiders

5. BFC Dave

BFC Dave Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    XenForo - Xenith Reds
    Also to follow up, Osbourne's comments about an emergency budget as well using taxpayers money to forward leaflets to all households extolling the virtues of remaining in the EU does not sit well with me.

I'm a remainer, but let's not kid ourselves that the propaganda war was only from one side, just the leave campaign did it better ;):cool:

Jimmy viz likes this.
  6. MDG

MDG Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Very true. I'm not sure how they managed to used taxpayers money for such a thing.
    It's like the concept of the Bank of England governor getting himself embroiled in the political side of things with his comments, should have been investigated like the leave team rightly were.

7. Marlon

Marlon Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Tbh I don’t think the majority of people are saying the propaganda war was one way . The whole campaign whether leave or stay was total carnage with misinformation and downright lies.
    The campaign was advisory and on light of recent revelations a clearer more precise and definite ballot needs to be allowed imo

ScubaTyke and BFC Dave like this.
  8. churtonred

churtonred Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You keep mentioning petal and flower etc. Are you Bob Flowerdew?

9. shenk1

shenk1 Well-Known Member

Urine Extraction Technician
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    In the context of the conversation I think I know who you blame for these problems ...send the bu66ers back.

10. pompey_red

pompey_red Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    I asked you a question. You haven’t been able to provide an answer.

11. dek

dekparker Well-Known Member

HGV Driver
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    the referendum was in or out..it could not have been any clearer..all the pros and cons were debated , constantly , 24 hours a day for weeks prior to the vote,,there was not and is not any need for a referendum on a how we leave.

the problem with the shambles that has followed the referendum is that we have a very high percentage of remain mp's,including those who are dealing with brexit and this is why they cant sort it,, the vote was to leave and to cut ties,the mandate was given to parliament and should have been acted on by mp's who are leavers and not by those who's ultimate aim is to keep us tied in...the deals that the government are peddling are there to keep us tied in,this is not what the electorate voted for..

and by the way ,this arrangement where every single member state has to agree on various things, goes in the exact opposite direction of what margaret thatcher was promised would never happen,thatcher gave into europe on the proviso that this very scenario would never be on the table,in essence the eu lied to her and parliament and ultimately us,the electorate.

12. dek

dekparker Well-Known Member

HGV Driver
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    shenk,go and ask any copper that has to deal with page hall,your statement is not far off , i know two sri lanken families that each have a shop in page hall and they will tell you,categorically that it is the immigrants,particularly the africans from somalia that have turned in it into a shitoyle,rival gangs from various parts of africa are at loggerheads with one another and they are then in turn at loggerheads with asians

13. Sco

Scoff Well-Known Member

The interface between business and technology
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    So was the referendum to break the Good Friday Agreement? Was it for most of the British haulage industry to lose access to Europe? Was it for shortages of medicine?

Leavers had the opportunity to run for leader of the Tories when Cameron stood down. They all did their best to ruin their chances of the job (Leadsom). Since May took over, Fox, Davies, Raab, Johnson and others have had the opportunity to drive it forwards and did f**k all and f**ked off at the first opportunity while generally making things worse as soon as they opened their mouths.

The problem is, as soon as they write down what they want from Brexit, they find it goes against what the others want. Mays deal is about as good as you can get without destroying most manufacturing or farming in the UK (and losing about 25% of the economy from services). I don't recall most of those things being discussed except for someone to shout "Project Fear" when experts mentioned them. Many of the public statements at the time were either lies or just rubbish, and it is still happening now (Lisbon 2020/22, GATT24, etc).

You can't undo 40+ years of integration in two years, the only people that have the skills or knowledge to make it work either don't want to do it or were pushed out (Ivan Rodgers, etc) and the people that publicly shouted the loudest about wanting it are the ones least likely to ever achieve it. Mays red lines on immigration show her as a major-league authoritarian xenophobe.

You were sold a dud. You were sold something that will not work without massive, multi-generational damage to the UK economy and the younger generations are massively against it. Chances are the UK is blowing all this money, all the good will and our political reputation (and a fair few lives) on something that will be overturned within 10 years.

BBBFC, ScubaTyke and BFC Dave like this.
  14. Sco

Scoff Well-Known Member

The interface between business and technology
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    WTF have Somalia, Africa and Asians got to do with the EU?

Farnham_Red and JamDrop like this.
  15. MDG

MDG Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Sounds like your internal thinking is well of the mark. Don't accuse me of being a racist bigot please. I don't mind lively debate but frankly that is well out of order pal. I'd like to think that your big enough to apologise for that, not holding my breath at present though.

I have stated many times on here, my issue with the EU is political union and trade related. In regards to Page Hall, I am simply quoting in my opinion it doesn't look like a nice place to live. You are the one bringing other cultures into the mix, not me.

16. MDG

MDG Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Haha no, I have no idea who he is. I must have been watching too many Charlie Williams comedy sketches.

17. Marlon

Marlon Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    There’s no will in parliament to fight another referendum imo .
    MPs leaving their party’s is not the answer to anything .
    Alas the Tory Party have brought the country down by invoking Austerity and the country blaming EU for all that ails it and giving in to right wingers for a referendum.
    Money that’s been spent in the north , wales etc will either be diverted to London or enable business men to cream off whilst pretending to provide services .
    We’re feked imo

BFC Dave and anstonred like this.
  18. Marc

Marc Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The lot of em should be lined up. They will be written about in the history books for this shambles.

19. MDG

MDG Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

We needed to have a referendum, it wasn't a case of giving in to right wingers, the majority of the country were not happy, as proven in the result.

As for the money, that is where the public need improve on how we hold governments to account, however that may be.. various options such as forcing by elections etc. It's not only Tory austerity, it's also Labours failure to invest in the North as well..

20. Marlon

Marlon Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark