Brexit - Labour to back 2nd referendum

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Farnham_Red, Feb 25, 2019.

1. MDG

MDG Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Was there a comment there or did you just click post reply by accident ?

2. Marlon

Marlon Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    If by Labour you mean Tony Blair yeah we’ll ses it all don’t it.
    We didn’t need a referendum as much as we didn’t need Austerity .
    Austerity brought the badness out of this country and the void left by cutting police resources is a Shame in this govt .

BFC Dave and anstonred like this.
  3. Marlon

Marlon Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Above comment should have gone with it .
    Even BBS software is coming out in sympathy .

MDG likes this.
  4. Carlycu5tard

Carlycu5tard Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Project Fear, Project Fear, Project Fear.

**** me - get a backbone and some perspective lad. If the reality is we're worried about the Good Friday Agreement then the IRA have won. There is no reason for the UK to install any hard boarder. If the EU insist on Eire doing this then this is not the UK's problem.

As for Hauliers and Medicines - just utter nonsense which the stroke of a pen evaporates.

The leavers did stand - but the "establishment" didn't allow them to prosper and frustrated them to the point of resignation. Those capable of doing this were smothered by the cynical traitors and the hidden remain agenda of those seeking to "hand power back to the "remainer" parliament. They are the ones that have frustrated the process. Any problems are at the door of remainers whose cynical frustration of the process hidden behind their BS is tantamount to treachery and lets hope the anti democratic Cooper, Watson and Soubery get their just deserts like Smith no doubtedly will when she's de-selected / retires.

No - but you dont' have to - no-one was asking for it - Like Liam Fox said this should be the easiest trade deal in history as all the standards are already the same - we are already integrated on the vast majority of things which is a good thing. It's just the rampant imigration and interference we need to unravel.

Whether you like it or not- she' isn't but she's respecting the vast majority of the poplulation who are! And whilst we're at it like every other countries population.

NO evidence to support this - just opinion of people who are paid you to influence you to believe this - The EU has supressed wages in the UK for years now. No suprise that after the brexit vote wages are rising. Hard evidence of that. Currency is down due to remainers in the city panicking - they need to get a back bone too.

The above is just as accurate and relevant as your assertion of massive multi-genrational damage to the UK economy - opinion and no more. I've as much chance of being right as you are. But at least I've got the integrity of sticking on the side of demcracy and honour and integrity.

Not the ones I speak to who couldn't get a decent job cos every time one came up a pole got on a wizz air and took it out from under them - and if they cared so much why didn't they get out and vote like their grandads who actually know what their talking about?

Chances are you're right on that =- that's the one thing we can agree on. Well done remainers for ruining and frustrating and undermining the negotiations and ruining the best thing to happen to our country for two generations. If you'd had some integrety and got behind the lads, cheered them on instead of booing them - well we might not be in the **** storm you've created.

I find it flaberghasting that - like the gulf war - the vast majority of poeple have forgotten how much the moaned like **** about the EU - but those which voted to stay were remain and reform from within.

Now - like the phantom obejctors to the IRAQ war - it's a massive EU love in.

Like I said. Get a bit of back bone. Dig in - make it work.

Stop crying to your mum for taking your play station off you until she gives it you back.

5. pompey_red

pompey_red Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    I guess they don’t exist then.

6. shenk1

shenk1 Well-Known Member

Urine Extraction Technician
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You backed up DEETEEs comment about Roma...I'm guessing no British are involved in any problems the area has....what's a bloke supposed to think. All areas have problems...all races, religions, countries, towns have people who will happily involve themselves in getting up to no good in some shape or form but it always seems to be "others" that bare the brunt of the blame.

7. DEETEE

DEETEE Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    As its been pointed out page halls gorgeous.

Theres about half a dozen streets that look like a landfills exploded.

All around firvale its constantly tense between the Roma and Pakistani communities. Remember the riot at the school?

Spittal hill is at times a warzone with Kurds Somali's and locals going at it over drugs turf.

Stabbings and gun crimes never off the front page of the star.

Like i said. Right laugh.

8. MDG

MDG Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

I think that some form of austerity had to happen though.. Call it humour or whatever but after Labours last tenure, things were getting out of control hence the note they left saying 'theres no money left'.. I guess the choice was either austerity or tax increases. Tories tend to cut things whereas Labour tend to tax more. But neither has got the balance right.

I get some of the arguments about investing in infrastructure for future benefit, although that is a bit of a dice roll. Not all infrastructure projects turn out as planned or indeed work as planned, too much of this could land the country in a very serious hole.

Not one party for me offers the right balance between keeping good service, sensible yet prospective spending and taxation levels right...

I'm all in favour of an extra 2p on basic rate of tax at all levels, not punishing the poorest or the rich, just everybody chipping in and rightly so, we all use public services. I'm also in favour of closing these stupid tax loopholes that allow massive corporations to avoid having to pay a legit amount of tax in this country. Both of those will raise some serious revenue, especially the income tax increase.

If people are paid the national living wage which is set to increase to £8.21 per hour in April, on a 35 hour week you are only looking at paying income tax on anything over £12.5k per year...on living wage your talking just short of £15k so only paying tax on £2.5k should be affordable.

I do think it is just about needing a new breed of politics looking for the right balance.. It doesn't exist yet though.

9. Farnham_Red

Farnham_Red Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley
    You know how the goverment said that the rights of citizens would be protected whatever happened - they just fired an MP who actually wanted that agreed in writing

10. MDG

MDG Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

I was backing up that Page Hall looks like a derelict dump akin to a ghetto. No mention of race, colour or creed. That's you I am afraid. Of course problems will also be caused by British, it would be blinkered to suggest otherwise. Anti social behaviour doesn't just apply to those entering the country. Anyway I'm still awaiting for your apology, obviously I was correct that you were not man or woman enough to offer it.

11. shenk1

shenk1 Well-Known Member

Urine Extraction Technician
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Having re-read what you posted and your posts from previous threads I can see that you yourself were not being racist and therefore apologise to you.

I do not know Sheffield at all and certainly not which areas have problems and the specific causes but some posters (not you ;) )always seem to blame immigrants as though we Brits are faultless.

Still disagree with you about Brexit though :p

Austiniho and MDG like this.
  12. MDG

MDG Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Thanks.. I think I'm generally level headed. Just really frustrated me this thing that people keep saying about not knowing what was being voted for. I'm quite clear on that bit, ok there may be people who are single issue voters but guess that's the same in any election on both sides.

Yep, we certainly disagree on Brexit because I believe we could make a success of it. Shame you can't see the light and have the wrong view ie Remain. :D:D:D

Austiniho and shenk1 like this.
  13. Austiniho

Austiniho Well-Known Member

Got to admit, the girl crying because Nando’s might close was comedy genius. And the one who said what she most loved about Europe was the NHS..... there’s idiots on both sides, anybody who disagrees with this is probably looking in the wrong place for the idiot...

anstonred likes this.
  14. churtonred

churtonred Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

What you seem to be saying is that it's a total f**k up but we should stop moaning and make the best of it.
    Thanks but no.

15. DEETEE

DEETEE Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    No one has ever said the Brits are faultless.

Page hall has always been a poorer area of Sheffield until about 2012/13 was predominantly with plenty of both white and black families in between.

There was occasionally tensions between the various communities dressed up at times as racial but it boiled down to drugs and/or turf.

So fast forward to 2016.

The area is now home to somewhere in the region of 6000 migrants predominantly Slovak Roma.

At this point it starts to become apparent that things aren’t right.

The area starts descending towards a dump. Crime rates soar, those who can get out be it Pakistani,white, black get out.

Blunkett makes a speech close to his last days in office warning of increased tensions. A powder keg waiting to blow.

There’s a petition protesting against gang attacks by Roma kids at a nearby high school.

Roll onto 2018.

Still a crime ridden shithole. The areas controlled by the Roma.

Firvale school gets closed due to a riot.

Riot was caused by a Roma lass ripping off a headscarf and it escalating until the entire estate turned up to the gates.

It wasn’t the first time there has been such an incident.

The school cancelled an open meeting given the tensions so a local neighbourhood watch meeting was hijacked.

Basically in a nutshell the Pakistanis went nuts and said enough enough. Sort it or we’ll go off on one.

There’s a new head teacher in there now. But it’s paying lip service

2019. What’s changed. Not a lot. Still a dump. Still crime ridden. Still a time bomb waiting to go off.

Council now supplies hazardous waste bags and bins due to the amount of nappies chucked about.

There’s been thousands of pounds spent to try and ease tensions . They’d have been just as well setting fire to it on the street for what good it’s done.

And good luck getting a taxi there. Those that will take you insist cash up front.

That’s Page Hall over the last ten years paraphrased.

16. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    They didn’t commit criminal acts to do so though I agree the standard of discourse on all sides was poor.

17. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Austerity was a political choice. George Osborne confirmed this. As an economist by training it was economically illiterate and lengthened the downturn. Obama’s approach was the right one.

anstonred likes this.
  18. orsenkaht

orsenkaht Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Keynes rules OK!

Jimmy viz likes this.
  19. sadbrewer

sadbrewer Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

20. BBB