Bristol City fans' view

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by DSLRed, Aug 5, 2017.

1. fit

fitzytyke2 Well-Known Member

No its not true.

2. Yoyo

Yoyo Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Lets not wave the white flag just yet, I'll reserve judgement until we've been beat 4-0 by Ipswich next week.

3. fit

Exactly. Our fans were brilliant considering we were 3 0 down. Theirs were very quiet hence "3 0 and you still don't sing"

4. Men

Menai Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    We all know Bristol City are a poor team. We know the manager. Yes we are playing catch up. Still surprised that LJ is in a job. He won't be there at the end of the season I bet.

5. Donny Red

Donny Red Well-Known Member

Retired.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    fitzytyke2 likes this.
  6. fit

7. pilleyphil 2u

pilleyphil 2u Active Member

support worker
    Home Page:
    Improved in second half of second half goal we scored only the chance we really put goalkeeper under pressure
    Free kicks outside of area crossed straight into goalkeepers hands on several times.Not into melle of our players.
    One instance in first half should have had a penalty. Nailed on agaInst run of play but still a pen.
    Not closing players down cost us goals.
    First one leaving Adam davies to come out and try to smother ball.
    They dropped off in second half (Bristol)Any better we could have rescued a point but we were not.

8. Donny Red

Donny Red Well-Known Member

Retired.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Under normal circumstances having lost the number of consecutive games he did, at most Clubs
    he should not have been surprised if he had been sacked. Patrick Cryne stood by him and then he
    left to take the job at Bristol. There's very little loyalty in football these days.

Years ago the priority was to play week in week out. These days some players don't seem to mind that they're
    not playing just as long as they are getting the dosh. Take today for example I find it very sad that Hourihane
    who would have been first name on the team sheet for us, didn't get on the field for Villa.
    If that continues, I wonder if he will come to regret moving.?

9. fit

He might look back fondly on his time at Barnsley, but regret leaving? I doubt it.

If it doesn't work out him at Villa, he'll just move to another championship club and will still be on much better money than we could afford to pay him.

I've just watched the football highlights and found it a surreal feeling watching so many of last season's players with other clubs. Most will play against us again this season. Very sad.

Moneys killed it for us. Once they've gone and had a taste of what the numerous other championship clubs can offer, that's that. Not just for our ex players, but players at most clubs at this level.

10. DusThaNoIII

DusThaNoIII Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It's a self imposed flagance though isn't it, mate? We set the wage budget and appear to have set it at "average league 1" rather than "low championship" so we can't keep shrugging our shoulders and saying pft state of the game today!
    Losing players due to not paying existing ones marginally more will cost us a lot more long term. Case in point I don't think Robbo and scowen would have really wanted that much more money to stay and I think with that spine we wouldn't have capitulated yesterday.

Archerfield, Conan Troutman and Jamo like this.
  11. Con

Conan Troutman Well-Known Member

Professional Football Fan
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    What does any of that actually mean?

12. fit

Haven't we just offered Yiadom "marginally" more money to extend his contract?

I'm sorry mate, but how much is "marginally more"? Is it enough to bridge the gap between the lower championship clubs and the rest? I think it's a drop in the ocean when clubs come knocking with offers. The players that have left have all at least doubled their wages. How do you compete with that?

Blackburn and Wigan both paid considerably more in wages than us last season and both got relegated.

It's OK to suggest that it's naive to partly put our situation down to being a "have not" amongst the "haves", but it's a fact that the vast majority of clubs in this league have rich boards, pay big wages and big fees for players.

Nothing is black and white really, otherwise we'd be making it a lot easier.

Googs and DusThaNoIII like this.
  13. LDR

LDRed Well-Known Member

Groundhopper
    Style:
    Barnsley
    Lee Johnson and the Bristol City fans can think what they want, both are irrelevant.

14. wdu

wdu6132 Member

Belief man otherwise it just gets too complicated, anxious and depressing

Marlon and YTBFC like this.
  15. Arc

ArchieRed Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    A third of the clubs in the championship are receiving 'parachute ' money, we don't stand a chance, marginally increases in wages are dwarfed with other clubs, we really are unable to 'compete' & it stinks, feeder club, cannon fodder, soft touches, call it what you will, it hurts & it stinks.....

16. wdu

wdu6132 Member

Can compete n we are doing, competed last season we will compete this season, look at Huddersfield....i understand where you are coming from but a club competes within the finances and sustainability it can afford for long term stability of the club, everthings possible....look at all the money spent by clubs last season without reward.....n look at one or two clubs that spent big this season n still lost first game ........keep the belief pal

Marlon likes this.
  17. Arc

ArchieRed Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I am one of the people who think the club have to have a structure, it's one that will perplex, frustrate & annoy, but we don't have a choice, the stakes get bigger & as we have 'pilfered' lower league teams, we are fair game for bigger clubs, Swansea have done it to us & a spurs or city will do it to them, if they want a player they get him, bigger stakes & bigger money.
    Rochdale who we played recently would LOVE to be in our position, it's the football pyramid & when we think we are moving to a higher level, our financial restraints are there to quickly bring us back to earth.

18. wdu

wdu6132 Member

Agreed and unfortunately its the way it is of which none of us can change. The only way things can change is extremely wealthy owner or the FA change the way money is distributed and controlled in terms of club income and player contracts. So no point getting too hung up on things we cant change. Atb W