Burton Albion at Man Ure

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Harry Hough, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Harry Hough

Harry Hough Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Young Nige has made 9 (nine) changes for the trip to Old Trafford tonight. Now call me an old softie but dows anyone else think it's a bit unfair not to reward the regular First Teamers with a run out in the biggest league ground in the country (and no, Tottenham at Wembley doesn't count in my book) and send out the Reserves instead?

Googs likes this.
  2. Sam

SambaTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think it shows a staggering lack of interest and I don't get it. Once a decade Burton will get a game such as this. What is the point in not having a go and playing your best side? Managers try to be really clever and dismiss occasions such as this as not worth risking the main players before a more important league game. But there's 30 odd matches left this season. If Clough thinks playing a full team tonight will hamper his efforts to keep Burton up then he cant have much confidence in his squad. I just think it's a shame. Live on TV as well, basically giving the game up before you start.

It's a shame for the Burton lads who usually play and also, getting tonked can't be overly fun for the reserves either. Sorry, I don't understand it.

3. MappRed

MappRed Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Clough also said beforehand that he was rewarding those that had beaten both Oldham and Cardiff in the earlier rounds.

IndieRed likes this.
  4. Sam

SambaTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    And I understand that, I really do. But I dunno, I ust think you go and do the best you can as a club but whatever. I think we got it right last night with team selection.

5. twi

twillo Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The League Cup has unfortunately been mugged off by all managers now, apart from the odd few. I agree, some first team players may never play at such a ground and they've been told they can't play because they've been playing that well, they'll be playing Saturday in whoever they've got in the league.