Business Plan

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Red Rain, May 5, 2017.

1. Bri

Brian Mahoneys Waist Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think Robins was the last to have a significant amount of money to spend.I was told by a director just after Mark had left that he had spent over 2m on loanees alone.When he was told this wouldn't happen again he couldn't or wouldn't comply to the plan which the board had decided on.

2. andytyke

andytyke Administrator Staff Member Admin

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You can't just stick to the same plan year in year out because it has been somewhat successful .

The fact that we had 2 trips to Wembley, got promoted and had a decent first season back was great. But for parts of our business plan which have been a big success there's been parts of it which have been a huge failure.

The club can't just carry on regardless they need to take the good and improve the bad. This business plan needs to evolve and improve in the weak areas

I'm not too sure how much the club has learnt though. I suppose we'll find out at the end of next season if someone like moncur has a stormer.

We went into this season knowing we had fecked up over the contracts of our best players and that it was likely we would lose them in January for peanuts or May for nowt. So I wonder if anything was done differently with Moncur given the club already new they had made mistakes

3. fit

fitzytyke2 Well-Known Member

Lots of well made and interesting points about "the plan", but what is the alternative, or at least how long do we stick with it before it reaps enough funds to do more than just "protect" the club?

Hopefully someone will come in and give the club an injection of financial kick ass before too long because losing players left right and centre every window will alienate fans.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

4. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Doesn't the business plan involve the owner putting in half a million pound in the club's most successful year just so that the losses are only half a million instead of a million?

Now I'm no businessman but I wouldn't call that a successful business plan.

5. Hem

Hemsworth Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    My view Red Rain's similar to other peoples.

I like the plan, it's actually something I called for well before the club implemented it.

But you've got to move it forward and that will mean spending more. But the exciting thing with that is get it right in phase 2 and we could receive a lot of profit on transfers in the future but also make the squad value grow too.

Selling players isn't a bad thing, it's the way the club will improve.

The frustrating thing is the club don't say anything. Nothing zilch and Heckingbottom goes out infront of the same people that ask him the questions and he tried to deflect the answers in different ways or will refuse to answer a question asked and go with the, i'll answer that at the end of the season. We've a press conference coming from him that could last about 2 hours.

6. Sup

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    So blame the right people then. He doesn't set the budget

7. BarnsleyReds

BarnsleyReds Well-Known Member

Style:
    XenForo - Xenith Reds
    The plan had us end up with a manager that another club offered us a fee for, and we promoted from within.

You can't blame 'The Plan' for everything you perceive as bad and say that everything you perceive as good is in spite of it. That's not how it works.

Merde Tete likes this.
  8. Hem

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I want someone to come out and say something.
    A lot of Football's are doing it. The fans don't hear us speak so we can't be to blame. I'm not a Wenger fan and if I was an Arsenal fan I would be Wenger out but SCK and Stan Kroenke are the worst in the world at it.

I was reading the thread the other day. I don't always agree with Conan Trotman but people were saying strange things for me. You're a fan and you ONLY buy a plastic seat for the season and this was from other people that do the same. Now I've never been someone that's wanted fan ownership or even fans on the board but unlike in other businesses, Football clubs need to be transparent about certain things. Plans for the future and where we are going. How they see things. If they see things that are different to the fans we will accept it within reason. No single fan will agree with everything the club say. 10k single opinions. Hopefully, they will speak soon too. This CAN NOT be to a few hundred people on a protected facebook page. The clubs a Business worth Millions to the right person and that's something i'd expect Frickley to be too big. I find it very strange when the Peterbourgh owner communicates on twitter to Posh fans but at least that's open and it's inclusive to all Posh fans not exclusive to a choosen few.

Is it too big a thing for Robert Zuk to come out and speak about these things?
    Can't Me M Watkins spare a few hours and come talk about these things. He could get pre agreed questions from the media team asked at him from his home. Reccord that. Hour edit and out to the fans. He's the Chairman of the club. One of the most respected names in football. Surely it's not too hard for him?

9. Sup

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I agree HT but you seem to direct a lot of your anger and blame towards Paul heckingbottom when he isn't a decision maker on these things he's just an employee who has got his hands tied

10. Hem

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Maybe I do.

I see something good. I see a chance for Barnsley to do good in the near future. But the club have to take it. Some tactical stuff. I can't think the coaching staff levels are helpful.

recruitment, opinions and variation in how Barnsley play. We can't just be one thing.

SuperTyke likes this.
  11. Con

Conan Troutman Well-Known Member

Professional Football Fan
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I am sure (could be wrong) that the Stones money would be used to protect the future of the club.

We can't continue to sell our
    The plan appointed a manager who the club believed shared the same values. Which he probably did and still does. The fact he was a Billy Bullshitter is neither here nor there. The problem was that he was bloody useless and should have gone at ten past five on the day of the altrincham game. It wasn't down to foresight that he wasn't sacked and it was just mystifyingly good fortune that another club took him off our hands.

The plan has been detrimental to our current manager. In my opinion.

12. Redstar

Redstar Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The club belongs to Patrick Cryne. He's in no fit state to be coming out and saying owt and I'm sure it'd be nowt different to his previously clearly stated positions.

It is what it is. Sign up again and see what happens or don't. That's the only option in town.

13. Redstar

Redstar Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    So you finally accept you're pointing fingers at Hecky for the wrong things?

Criticise if you must for results and performances but owt else is off the table as far as I'm concerned

BFC Dave likes this.