Calm

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by tingleytyke, Jan 13, 2017.

1. tingleytyke

tingleytyke Well-Known Member

Used to be Shift Engineer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    People need to calm down at the way the club is conducting business. We are on a new way of operating and this is what people are not used to. In the past we used to try and get by recruiting journeymen who had no interest in the club. Scouts had no need to watch the club as we had nobody of interest here. Now we have set up a conveyor belt of youth who give the up and coming players a platform to move up. Our success has made us a very attractive club to come and be trained and this attracts lots of eyes. What I find exiting is who is joining the conveyor to success during this window.

Maybe we still have to tweek the system but I prefer it to the old way and we are making a bob or two on the way. :)

2. Hud

Huddersfield Red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Giving away our prize assets to our hated rivals sits well with you does it?

3. Redstar

Redstar Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Personally I find it exciting winning games and challenging at the right end of the division.

4. Sta

Stahlrost Well-Known Member

None
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    I agree but get ready for some hysterical replies.

5. #FWF

#FWF Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    I'm not sure what percentage of our goals have been scored by Winnall or Hourihane or made by Hourihane, but it must be nearly all of them.
    The club must be very confident in its ability to stay in this division without their input for the rest of the season.
    I don't know where that confidence or prescience comes from. Losing both at the same time is too much in my opinion. Evolution, not revolution.

6. Tarntyke

Tarntyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    We are aware of our policy, However, we are on the fringe of the play-offs and are selling/sold our main goal assists player and our top scorer. 2 very key players are sold to our local and possible play-off rivals for peanuts. This after being told we won't sell unless top dollar offers come in, until then their contracts will rundown. I know not of 1 clubs who's fan base would not be upset and bewildered by the apparent forced sale of their prized assets especially when sitting pretty in the league. Whoever, comes in will have to hit the ground running in order to continue the great rapport with fans and club that we enjoy at the moment.
    Edit: By the way I Am calm and questioning this recent news is not OTT it's a natural reaction and concerning. stop trying to make out out anyone who doesn't go along with what's currently happening is hysterical.

7. Gre

GreenyTyke Well-Known Member

Layabout
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    We don't actually know if we're selling/sold Connor yet do we

8. Andy Mac

Andy Mac Well-Known Member

IT
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Totally valid point. The way we do business is still a work in progress but infinitely better than the old way. It's been great watching us sign players like McD, Robbo and Yids rather than lads on one last payday.

The part that grates is the Wednesday bit. Almost a case of 'anyone but them'. 2 of our players who were early examples of our 'new way', who are arguably worth £5m / £10m each in the current market, are potentially being gifted to local rivals.

Obviously it will all come out in't wash, but it's the Wednesday link that is leading to the hysterical replies.

Sent via Royal Mail and typed up by my Tapatalk byatch

9. Arc

Archerfield Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You know the situation is looking bad when Porktalk forum has gone from gloating to now feeling pity for us. The irony of a club that was awash with debt to the Co-op now feels sorry for us seeing our best players go for a pittance. Just when the relationship between the club and fans seemed to be the best in years things take a massive backwards step.

10. Ors

Orsen Kaht Guest

If you think all is well, have a read of Hecky's comments in this morning's Chronicle and tell me how you think he sounds. He may be next out of the door.

11. Dan

DannyWilsonLovechild Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Can you give a summary of what was said.... for those of us 200 miles away ;-)

12. Ors

Orsen Kaht Guest

Hecky says the club cannot be expected to keep replicating what they have done with McDonald, Mawson and Jackson:

"It gets harder and harder."

"They have stepped up and done fantastically well. But that doesn't mean we can just go and find another one. I can't just go into my back garden and pull one off a tree. It takes a long time to find them and develop them. And the more times you do it, the more you are bleeding the well dry. That is the way we want to go but it can be dangerous if we think we can keep doing it. Now we have to find a way to get to the next level."

"The plan is everything and, when you're not in control of that, it brings problems."

13. scarf

scarf Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    For the first time, I'm worried.

14. Redstar

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    **** in hell

15. Tyk

Tyketical Masterstroke Well-Known Member

Dry buumer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    As I said yesterday, Paul Heckingbottom has earned the right to be backed by a board who match his ambition. I hope that is ours.

16. Redstar

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If he has any aspirations to manage a club with a desire to get promoted to the Prem...