cardiff fans

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by raggylad, Apr 6, 2008.

1. Merde Tete

Merde Tete Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    the tapping of heads - "The Ayatollah"

...a very sound Cardiff fan explained it to be before the game. It's something that they do called "The Ayatollah", and apparently the Welsh rugby team also use the same celebration. It appeared about 15 years ago when some Cardiff fans adopted it as a celebration after seeing the Ayatollah's funeral on telly, and it just caught on. Completely random apparently and not related to Sam Hamman, as ot came into being way before his time at the club.

2. Gue

Guest Guest

We are not all like that.

3 of your fans screamed "your gonna win **** all" in my face as I was walking out the ground, but I know that most Barnsley fans are not like this so I don't have a problem.

3. Gue

Guest Guest

RE: We were with Cardiff fans in the pub before and after

(As this is my first post on your site i may have missed a similar reply)

Unfortunately we still have a large number of young and not so young idiots who are rat arsed after two shandies. I myself was pushed over the seats twice by paralytic idiots behind us just missing the women and child in the row in front of me. The elderly gentleman sat next to me left after 20 mins. Some of them will have no recollection of what turned out to be one of our best ever results(not performance) in the last 50+ years.
    I spent over an hour walking all around the stadium and wembley way taking pre match pics as i wanted something to remind me of the event win or lose as i may never be there again. While taking pics down wembley way i couldn't believe the state some of the city fans(i use the term loosely). I'm all for a pint or two before the game but these were hurling abuse at some of the Barnsley fans for no apparent reason except for egging them on to respond. What i found a bit strange was that the coppers will on hand but they did or said nothing!!!
    We have had a bad reputation for a number of years but slowly we have been correcting our selves but having to put up with some of the constant abuse during the game i often wonder?
    There was one picture in one of the papers that summed them up. It showed a group of city fans(!) posing for the shot. One with a 1L bottle of Smirnoff vodka in his hand. Unbelievable.

Enough of the bad things. On the plus point i had a few conversations with your fans all very pleasant enough although a few were complaining about their coach travel. Someone said coaches were still arriving with just 15 mins to KO.

The game itself was not a classic but the winning goal was good enough to be the winner. I still keep seeing in my head Odejayi's shot and watching the side netting move. Both sides had roughly equal shots on target so you can count yourselves unlucky although that's not much consolation to you.
    No doubt you will be warmly welcomed down Ninan Park on may 4th after Sundays result. I just hope you don't require the points by then just in case we need them for a play off position. It would be a real tragedy if you go down after all you've done in the cup.

I took quite a few photo's of which there are a few of your fans which can been seen on one of my sites here.

http://cupfinalscardiffcitymisc.fotopic.net/c1472809_1.html

Although it states ''buy now' on the pics if anybody would like any of them just email or pm me and I'll send you a copy.

I think that's enough now of using your message board access just to wish you good luck in avoiding the drop.
    Cheers BBJ.

4. EastStander

EastStander Active Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    There was no trouble

and the pub was closing in 30 mins!

I guess we could have stayed until everyone was being chucked out though!

5. Wes

Westie Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Maybe

they'd had the **** scared out of them and they were really hoping that Cardiff won because then they might get home safe and sound. With their missus and kids unharmed.

Ever thought about that?

Because i remember middlesborough in the late 80's........ We were shitting ourselves for the trip back to the carpark. Spoilt the game to be honest.

6. Spa

Spartacus Well-Known Member

Barnsley, England, United Kingdom, 103126909727190
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    another anecdote

his sister who is a 7 year old girl. A bloke who looked about 30, kicked over her cola, called her an English whore and spat in her face

lovely.

7. Gue

Guest Guest

RE: another anecdote

Filthy Barsteward I hope you reported it to the police? Or smacked the ***** head in?

8. sco

scooterking New Member

Home Page:
    Same here, Farnham

Saw one bit of trouble (nothing major at all) before the game on Wembley Way,
    Nothing else at alll

9. Wes

Westie Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Thank God i didn't go

I'd have been put down for murder.

10. Wes

Westie Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Waving your head off?

What the f***?

You can get medication for stuff like that luv.

Jesus (doh)

11. budmustang

budmustang Well-Known Member

Engineer
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    The irony over any anti-English sentiment is...

the very reasons they might feel it, i.e. the British goverment being centralised in London, areas of Wales being overlooked for redevelopment, ex mining communities left to run down without much help, causing house prices to slump, being overlooked by a London focused British media... they're all factors that are very familiar to Barnsley. They shouldn't hate us... they should empathise with us.

The fanatical Welshman and the "professional" Yorkshireman. The "us against them" attitude. Two peas in a pod.

Then again, there's never any sense when folk consider the geography rather than the people.