Cavare's worst game to date?

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by George Kerr, Nov 24, 2018.

1. George Kerr

George Kerr Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Interesting to hear Grant McCann's comments on Radio Sheff tonight. He said he told his players in the week that "Cavare likes to run forward and walk back and they should exploit the space behind him". Although he was not on his own at giving the ball away and being caught in possession in critical areas he was responsible for Donny's goal and his daft tackle at the end nearly gifted them a win. Fortunately on numerous occasions today Pinnock came to his rescue. Unless we go with three at the back and use him as a wingback then I would drop him. First and foremost a fullback must be a defender. Defending is not the top of the list of Cavare's many talents.

ATYKE1 and anstonred like this.
  2. Nottinghamtyke

Nottinghamtyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Cavare is a liability and from what I have seen doesn't look like he could step up if we got promoted. I would be seriously considering looking at other options at right back. He was very lucky not to give a penalty away today, along with the goal. Grant McCann was spot on and identified Cavare as a player that can be exploited.

3. DrProctoscope

DrProctoscope New Member

Psychiatry, British Army
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Those thundering runs forward come at a huge defensive cost.. Would agree that it's time to try something different

4. TonyTyke

TonyTyke Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Donny mate of mine (in jest) reckons he was their best player

George Kerr likes this.
  5. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It was interesting how they tried to target Pinilos’ lack of pace first half but then decided to target Cavare second half by switching May & Coppinger. They clearly saw a weakness in Cavare’s defending & to be honest most of us do & we’ve been getting away with him been too gung-ho for a while

6. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Well-Known Member

Project Manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I like him going forwards but he can be a liability defensively. He was poor today.

7. Prince of Risborough

Prince of Risborough Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Trouble with Dimitri is that he makes these burst through the defenders runs on a regular basis but mostly then loses the ball or blasts it over the bar. He will probably score two goals for us this season, no more.

For a big lad he is as weak as dishwater in the tackle. When he does actually put a foot in the opposing player tends to fall over it, or run into him to get a foul that way. He's a liability in so many ways, but entertaining in others.

8. sadbrewer

sadbrewer Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The thing that annoys me is his stupidity at times...in the first half he just shoved one of their players in the back in the area, nowhere near the ball.

Django likes this.
  9. occ

occook Banned Idiot

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Cavare has been an important part of a decent start to the season. When we’re on the front foot and he’s attacking he’s a handful.

It is fair enough in my opinion to expect him to improve defensively. He’s definately got it in him - one challenge today was sensational. I don’t know whether he’s just asked to do too much - attack the full length of the pitch and also always be back in position. It must be the most knackering position on the pitch. But if he didn’t get forward we would have no width at all.

We lack really top quality wingers. If we want to improve we should look to be upgrading the threat we offer from Hedges, Bahre and Thiam. All have fleeting moments at this level. But not one seems capable of dominating a game or put more than brief spells together. Add Isgrove to the list - he’s clearly not anywhere close to the squad in Stendels eyes.

Terry Nutkins likes this.
  10. Wir

Wirral Red Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Seems to make a habit of that!

anstonred likes this.
  11. Dod

DodworthRover Well-Known Member

Steel Worker
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Hes crap basically this is league one and he's making too many errors be it fouls around box and silly pushes and he had a few seconds to clear that ball anywhere for there goal. First option is always row z nobody scores there.

anstonred likes this.
  12. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    He was poor but the guy who was racist towards him wants banning for life and prosecuting.....

Not the first time lately we have heard of racism towards Cavare and he's even acknowledged it on his Twitter last week when it was brought up then too.....

13. anstonred

anstonred Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    He was dreadful today & clearly a liability defensively & no end result going forward (his crossing is diabolical). He makes everyone nervous on the ball cos he’s likely to do something stupid - losing possession, pushing an opponent - he doesn’t seem to be able to help himself! Time to give Jordan Williams his chance (really good v Bradford)
    Having said all that, I am disgusted with the vile racism - get out of our club, we don’t want you!

14. Jam

Jamo Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The Fulham game last season where he was sent off for lashing out when we were comfortabley holding our own still annoys me today. Absolutely threw away 3 points and the heroic efforts of the 10 players left afterwards ended up in vain, all because he reacted to a tackle.

However, I really hope anyone racially abusing any of our players get a swift thump from someone bigger and bolder than me. Makes me ashamed to support the same club.

15. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think the problem is Cavare’s pretty much undroppable. Nothing against Williams but I’ve watched him play a couple of times in cup competitions & he doesn’t look ready yet to me.

16. Fon

Fonzie Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Will never forgive him for that Fulham game. Nor when he conceded THAT penalty for his blatant shove.

But he seems a really good bloke, so it makes me feel guilty that I get on his case.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2018