Change in personnel

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Jack-BFC-92, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Jack-BFC-92

Jack-BFC-92 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I didn’t manage to catch the game yesterday but wanted to get your guys opinions on how we looked with Halme at centre half and Dougall at Defensive midfield ? Did we look better / organised with these 2 playing their more natural positions ?

2. Don

Donks Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Hard to say really. Bristol still had several gilt-edged chances before they eventually scored - hitting the woodwork twice, and twice blazing over from excellent positions.

I don’t think we’d be calling it an improvement if we’d conceded 3-4 goals, which we easily could have. However, we also created many great chances of our own, so maybe the changes made us more effective going forward.

Connor and Jack-BFC-92 like this.
  3. Tykeored

Tykeored Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Don’t think we missed Diaby at all, however Collins not as assured yesterday as he was when he came in before. Oduor was the biggest miss. Do hope he is back for Tuesday

4. Young Nudger

Young Nudger Well-Known Member

Counting great crested newts
    Hiding in a reed bed at the local RSPB nature rese
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    We missed Diaby.
    Because Halme had to drop back into defence from midfield.
    We had much of the play against Bristol - but other than Conner, no one else looked like scoring.
    A game we should have easily won.
    But same owed ......... we lost.
    Extremely frustrating.

5. icer

icer Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    We struggled to defend down the wings letting lots of balls to come over and through the box. They were guilty of squandering these chances until the end. I still think our right side is the weak spot, Oduor has strengthened left although of course missed yesterday. I didn't think we dealt with any crosses by the goalie or centre halves well at all. We might have improved as a team but our defending still looks L1.

6. Wat

Watcher_Of_The_Skies Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I thought we looked better in the middle of defence, better than with Diaby in there, but exposed out wide, Odour was badly missed. Collins was poor, especially on crosses. Dougall had a good game, he's a much better passer of the ball than Halme in that position. It might be argued we missed Halme's extra defensive quality on crosses however.

Up front we missed some quality with the final ball. Otherwise we played some good stuff and in my view played the more attractive football. No points for that though!

Kettlewell likes this.
  7. Hom

Homer Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    On chances created I think we missed more gilt edged
    How Thomas missed that beggars belief.
    The new lads chip onto the bar was brilliant. The scissor kick deserved a goal but their keeper pulled off a great save.
    In the old days we would have lost whereas Johnson and his players were over the moon.
    They had got out of jail and they know it. The celebrations summed it up
    I think our team has turned the corner and I no longer think we will go down
    We have shown we can match the top half teams and that shows we are playing top half football
    One down point was that young Ben is a trier and will make the grade, but where was he for their goal.
    Old fault , nobody picks the far post up and their man gifted a goal on his own with no Ben or anyone else in sight
    Disappointed in result but not in team

Connor likes this.
  8. ubi

ubique_tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    ben williams wasnt on the pitch, he'd been subbed by the time the goal went in, it was the new guy playing at left back.... I dont think either williams will make the grade at this level however

9. Marlon

Marlon Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    We missed Halme in Midfield imo , Thought Dougal was quiete tbh but not up to match fitness imo.
    Thought the midfield allowed them to run at our Defense too often and we all know what happens then .
    We were wasteful in front of goal although their chances were more clear cut than ours apart from Thomas’s.
    We have improved from start of season but whether it’s enough to stay up will be seen .
    Imo if we’d played something like this from beginning of season we may have done .
    I’m thinking to stay up we needed something from games like this hopefully others will go on a bad run .