Charlton Fans email to the EFL

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Marlon, Aug 1, 2020.

1. BrunNer

BrunNer Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The timing of the hearing results are designed to occur at the end of the league season. This is a sh1tty tactic because it knowingly hinders transparency. Any outcome can’t be challenged as the appeal would take place during the following season so the results stand. If we lose on Tuesday, the best we can hope for is some financial recompense, not Championship football. No doubt next seasons fixtures will be rushed out.

I’ve never know a regulator that allows its members to vote “democratically” when they all have vested interests, push difficult decisions to an independent panel and delay announcements until a time that they cannot be appealed. The EFL are not fit for purpose and I hope we push for change irrespective of Tuesdays result.

2. pon

pontyender Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Never underestimate the power of protest. It needs a lot more to go with it though.

RedInBlackrod and Tykeored like this.
  3. Marlon

Marlon Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    They seem to think ours is an easy judgement though , fingers crossed he’s right , hope our board are forming an alliance with them and others whatever the outcome .

[​IMG]
    kings hill addick
    Season Ticket Holder
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    18 hours ago
    If it relegates them, which is might then it is worse for them than going down this season.

They will struggle to sign players with that points deduction and they could end up going down anyway.

Then they will start 2021/22 in the third division.

We deserve to go down but it’s still heartbreaking that this lifeline has been snatched away from us.

It makes our relegation all the more disappointing. Had Barnsley not scored that late goal we would be looking at an easy run to stay up this season.
    https://intothevalley.proboards.com/thread/25012/sheffield-wednesday-stay?page=1

Redhelen likes this.
  4. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

I was only thinking that today a few seasons he was really banging the drum now nothing...

Marlon likes this.
  5. pon

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Like minded clubs should come together and take joint action against the EFL for their lack of effective governance. It won't happen though. I'm reminded of the miners strike and the cry "The miners must not fight alone, call a general strike". The majority of the trade union movement just turned their backs and hummed loudly, with their fingers in their ears.

Bazza, redrum and Marlon like this.
  6. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I know people often say that clubs should sue the EFL but is there any reason why individual supporters can't? Or why a class action lawsuit can't be brought by thousands of supporters?

For example I have spent my hard earned money buying a season ticket for next year. If the EFL allow Wigan to stay in the championship could I not launch a lawsuit against the EFL as my ticket is now worth a hell of a lot less because they haven't applied their rules correctly? Rules which I was well aware of and thus could reasonably be expected to be applied to Wigan when I bought my ticket

Connor, Stahlrost and Redhelen like this.
  7. pon

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Give it a try, mate!

dodgey defence likes this.
  8. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think thousands of Barnsley fans should all do it.
    Thousands of Charlton fans should do it.

Charlton themselves should do it (possibly twice)

We should do it as a club.

Tie the ******* up in litigation

Actually what I think Charlton should do is send a team coach to every single one of Sheffield Wednesday's fixtures next season and let every broadcaster in the country film, and every news paper and website take photos and run with the story of Charlton demanding their rightful place in the championship. It would make the EFL a laughing stock not only with football fans as it is now but with the general population as well

Airon c redscue, Connor and Redhelen like this.
  9. dod

dodgey defence Well-Known Member

Joiner
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    That'll be an interesting phone call to the no win no fee brigade.
    It's a bad line sir can't quite hear you !!!! Chortle chortle byeeeeee.

10. Kettlewell

Kettlewell Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Fabulous Message,I agree with everything they say. I think a lot of supporters and clubs around the country are fed up with the incompetence of the EFL and want parliament to intervene to investigate their mismanagement. Sadly, being Britain, they are off till the Autumn.. i can't believe that professional football has become so corrupt and inept.

Marlon likes this.
  11. Ric

RichieD Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    As the season doesn't officially end until Tuesday, exactly why is Sheffield Wednesday's punishment being deferred to next season? This season is still in progress.

JLWBigLil and anstonred like this.
  12. Ton

Tonjytyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    On the plus side though, the likes of Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich et al will be breathing a huge sigh of relief that the boost their teams will experience by the mighty Wednesday joining them on the European stage, won’t be delayed by a year.