Chris Dagnall

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by Dyson, Mar 15, 2012.

1. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I disagree. That's very much still to be proven. Bassett got us to Wembley, Ritchie promoted and Davey to an FA Cup semi final.

2. wak

wakeyred Well-Known Member

the clues in my imaginative online moniker
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Simon Davey??? Jesus, there's the edge of madness, then there is the abyss.

3. wak

wakeyred Well-Known Member

the clues in my imaginative online moniker
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    How did all their careers work out after Barnsley? Given they were all so brilliant. Only Wilson is still a manager.

4. Wat

Wath and West Melton Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    So whilst Rose and Digby don't make the bench or squad sometimes the likes of Dagnall

and Jaymac amongst others get a shirt, I could have told you after 8 minutes never mind 8 games that he is dog dirt and will not make the grade at Oakwell. How many more games are you willing to let Dagnall have on the pitch before he performs well in just one of them ???

Dagnall - cracking player for the reds, that lad plays excellent one game in 15 but garbage in all the others !!!!!

Hill should give the young lads a try rather than have to watch players who either aren't good enough or not bothered play week in week out instead.

I watch the reds home and away and I can say I have been embarrased at the players wearing our shirt on a number of performances and Hills tactics this season.

Fingers crossed we are safe now so why doesn't Hill give the young lads a run of ganes in the first team ????

Dagnall wasn't good enough for Scunny so why will he be good enough for us ??? Another lower league gamble, granted one in 3 of these lower league diamonds probably will pay off but what do we do with the others who are on the wage bill who won't make it ???

Hill needs to bring some old heads in who have played at this level instead of filling the team with 2nd division players.

8 games in and I'd still play the half time draw man instead of Dagnall, he is woeful.

Whilst I'm on the soap box, Frank Noodle from West Ham, utter sh*t in his first spell here, and low and behold what does Hill do........bring him back to Jokewell to show us fans just how garbage he was the first time round, I don't have these rose tinted Hill glasses like some on here, the proof is in the pudding and performances for me and the attitude + commitment for the Red Shirt shown by the players and tactics to try and win games is what I judge Hill and his players on.

I don't mind if they try their hardest and lose every week....at least they have tried but the supporters aren't even getting that for the last few months. Lose Saturday and we''l be dragged back into another relegation scrap, the likes of Butterfield will never player for this club again as he will be sold by Disco Don as sure as eggs is eggs, and if Craig Davies continues netting he'll be ta ta also in the Summer, and what will Hill do then ????? go shopping at Aldi in the lower leagues I suppose.

If this lower league policy carries on see how many season tickets we sell next season, we have already lost 1700 this season and couple that with the £30 CAT A policy Oakwell will have no more than 6500 - 7000 hardcore every week.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
  5. DEETEE

DEETEE Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Re: So whilst Rose and Digby don't make the bench or squad sometimes the likes of Dag

I have said before aldi offers plenty of quality. It's all about how you use it.

6. Hem

Hemsworth Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    you are the type of person hill was on about/ joking about.
    moan about signing players from lower leagues and moan if they get sold.
    also butterfield wont be sold becuase of anyone at the club it'll be becuase of his agw we get money for him.

7. Mr C

Mr C Well-Known Member

Saving the world.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I can't believe I just read this whole thread right to the bottom. I'm terribly disappointed in myself.

8. Dys

Dyson Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Re: So whilst Rose and Digby don't make the bench or squad sometimes the likes of Dag

Disagree.

9. Dys

Dyson Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Agree.

10. Dys

Dyson Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

PS - Digby and Rose aren't left backs. That's why he's play Jay Maccavelli.

11. Wat

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    DEETEE - Apologies mate nowt wrong with Aldi !!!! they do have some good stuff

from time to time.

My point being Butters will be sold in the Summer and Davies maybe also if he carries on scoring one in 3, Disco Don will bank the transfer fee and Hill will go shopping in the lower leagues again. ie Barnsley Market, Aldi, Poundland etc etc etc (nothing wrong with any of those by the way !!)

Actually just thinking is it Hill we should be frustrated at or Disco Don, PC and the board ???? Alex Feguson would struggle at Oakwell if his hands were tied from above !!

I know PC has saved the club, but his health and pending court case worries me as we never here from him at all, Disco Don is the top boy it seems.

12. Hem

Hemsworth Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Davies won't leave.
    i dont think the club will cut the budget again maybe increase it.

13. Wat

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Hemsworth my friend - Wake up - 12 (13?) defeats in the last 17 games

the club is on its arse mate, Butters will be sold and maybe Davies / Steel. These are our only quality players with any transfer value.

I'm all for lower league players coming in if they are mixed with older heads, but Hill is doing with BFC an exact carbon copy of what he did at Rochdale but in this league he will not get away with it.

If Hill doesn't get some experienced championship players in to compliment his lower league diamonds we will be down with the trimmings at Xmas next season as our form over the last 20 games will testify, or is this what the club is gearing up for with this lower league transfer policy ?????????

But I forgot Hemsowrth............ like Hill tells us every week its all the fans fault and I need to get on my hands and knees and be thankful he has come to Oakwell and kept us up, nothing to do with the fact he gets his tactics wrong on so many occassions and we are about as dangerous as Bambi in front of goal.

14. ryhilltyke

ryhilltyke Well-Known Member

Construction Worker
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Re: Hemsworth my friend - Wake up - 12 (13?) defeats in the last 17 games

who are these lowere league diamonds, i've not seen them. oh and dagnall is absolute pants

15. Dys

Dyson Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

Genuine question mate - do you like support Barnsley? Must be hard work thinking everything is **** all the time.

Just smile a bit.

16. Dys

Dyson Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

Disagree.

17. ryhilltyke

ryhilltyke Well-Known Member

Construction Worker
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

aye, some people can hide behind the fact they love the manager, i prefer to be realistic and tell it as i see it. you may not agree, that's not my problem, but a team of league 2 players could very well end up ln league 2. there are lower league gems out there, we have found one in perkins, but signing journeymen rubbish like dagnall will not only take this team backwards. there's a difference between signing league 1 and 2 clubs' better players, and signing dross.

18. rot

rothred Active Member

Keith hills PR adviser
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I remember a lot on here having the same opinion of jim obrien last season,

I've seen nothing from dagnall either, but I'm clinging on to the hope that he has an about face in form and does a "jimbob" next season.

19. DEETEE

DEETEE Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Re: I remember a lot on here having the same opinion of jim obrien last season,

Does a jimbob? Have a excellent half season then pull his groin watching too much babestation?

20. rot

rothred Active Member

Keith hills PR adviser
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Re: I remember a lot on here having the same opinion of jim obrien last season,

I think you are thinking of our freind pannini