[Club YouTube] SEASON RECAP: 2019/20

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Newsbot, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Prince of Risborough

Prince of Risborough Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The Med’s not all it’s cracked up to be you know. Bad time right now with the busier beaches strictly controlled and marked off in squares which you have to book for a certain time.

Face masks are obligatory everywhere and people even wear them on the beaches. It’s blisteringly hot in my part of Spain right now (southern Costa Blanca). I was there a couple of weeks ago to check my house was still ok after six months without seeing it. Apart from dealing with at least one cockroach a day it’s fine but I really couldn’t wait to get back to the airport and out of there.

The Madrilenos absolutely flock to the costas this time of year and they are about as popular as the Lager Lout tourists with the locals. While it is between 35 and 40 degrees at the coast you can add another 10 to those figures in Madrid, hence the July/August migration from the city.

So, in essence, the Med is not for me for the next few months. I’m eaten alive by mosquitoes there so I’ll take cool and green Harrogate instead thanks very much!!

JLWBigLil likes this.
  2. Redhelen

Redhelen Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The Amalfi coast is absolutely beautiful.

JLWBigLil and tingleytyke like this.
  3. Tyk

Tyketical Masterstroke Well-Known Member

Dry buumer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Come on, I’ve not watched it yet, no spoilers for the ending!

4. churtonred

churtonred Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    All i'm saying is you'll never believe what happens. Oh and Brad Pitt's Barnsley accent is spot on.

5. Gimson&theBarnsleys

Gimson&theBarnsleys Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Ostend next August on your expense account.:D
    I wonder if The White Horse Inn is still going?

6. YTB

YTBFC Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I’d like an expense account. Sounds great!

7. BrunNer

BrunNer Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Caved in and watched. With the amount of Diaby highlights included, I think I know who YTBFC’s favourite player is.

Cracking job BTW

YTBFC likes this.
  8. Prince of Risborough

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Just got to the end of it. Like the richest piece of chocolate cake you have to accept that it is best savoured slowly. I devoured it second by second, in three sittings, over the last couple of days. I fancy another piece now :).

I can't believe how critical some people have been over the season of this young, learning-the-game side. Call the board all the names you like for their policies but that was a heck of a brilliant season in parts. I know we COULD have gone down, but we didn't. We could have/should have had a dozen or more points but bad luck and misjudgment cost us too often.

You have to take the bad with the good, the mundane with the brilliant. The mistakes time and time again, the number of ballooned over the bar shots. The number of brilliant saves by our keepers, and the opposition's. The many, many misplaced passes but also the many sublime passing movements in all areas of the field. There was some top-drawer football on display this season. There was also some sub-standard football, and far too often. In essence I loved watching it all back again. I will never tire of watching the highlights of those last two matches.

The tackle of the season against Forest - Callum Styles had no right to get to that, but he did.

The superb ball control from Patrick Schmidt to craft that winning goal out of nothing (this from a player who has received abuse from all over, all season).

The unbelievable hand ball from Pinnock, unpunished, but rectified moments later by a beautifully threaded bottom corner shot from Styles.

The outside of the foot pass of the season - at ANY LEVEL - from Alex Mowatt to set up Schmidt who put it on a plate for the superbly talented Clarke Oduor to beat a side that didn't think they could be beaten at their outgoing home. I still can't believe we saw that, but we did.

I love my team, I really do. It's a lifelong affliction that shows no signs of going away. More of the good stuff next season Barnsley - please!!!:)

pompey_red, kektyke, Shy Talk and 2 others like this.
  9. Shy Talk

Shy Talk Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Every time I watch that Styles tackle I tense up waiting for the ref to blow for a foul. Would have been just our luck.

10. Prince of Risborough

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I thought it looked so strange the way Grabban just fell on his face and stayed there. No protests, no attempt to get up. He just thought, "oh well. I could have won the match for us there but I have to bow to the brilliance of this mop-haired Barnsley wizard".:D