[Club YouTube] Where will you be on a Saturday?

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Newsbot, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Newsbot

Newsbot Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Where will you be on a Saturday?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZB8lqKp12ro

View on YouTube...

2. Red

Red CB Well-Known Member

retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Good advert , I like it

3. tyk

tyke69 Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Suggests we have a home game on 4th August

4. MappRed

MappRed Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    This is amazingly bad. Love it.

5. JamDrop

JamDrop Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Can I request that the next video has women going to the match please? So far we've had a dad and his son (and a load of men outside Oakwell when they turn up) and now a woman choosing between various shades of beige whilst the guy looks fed up. (I'm aware that a 'Lucy' text him that there'd been a goal before anyone comments!)

I know way more men follow football than women but women make up around 50% of the population, that's a crapton of people you could be targeting. Market effectively towards women and you could pretty much double attendances.

6. Red

Red CB Well-Known Member

retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Oh dear , surely you are not serious , its just a light hearted advert & I know in 2018 we have to be politically with everything but come on please

7. JamDrop

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If you notice, I didn't say there was anything wrong with the advert, I asked if we could have a female oriented one next as it seems daft to not market specifically at them when they are vastly under-represented in terms of numbers attending. Half of the population of Barnsley are female, get even 5% of them attending and season ticket sales will shoot right up. There's a whole set of people there ready to be turned into fans, why are we not trying to entice them?

SuperTyke likes this.
  8. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Its nothing to do with being political. She isnt asking for it because the club has a duty, if you read her post she says "that's a crapton of people you could be targeting". She is merely making a suggestion that the club could make money by targeting people they haven't advertised towards yet.

9. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    £5 entry for women if they wear short skirts.
    £1 in if its coupled with a tight top.
    Maybe not

Red CB and JamDrop like this.
  10. JamDrop

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Exactly. These adverts are supposed to be relatable and I'm sure they are very effective at the types of people they have targeted so far. The first one provokes feelings of nostalgia and being a young lad and going to the football with your dad - the obvious effect it wants to create is that men now take their own sons to the football. The second one is showing someone being bored as their female partner takes them on a shopping trip - the goal being that men remember times when that has happened to them and they now buy a season ticket to avoid it. As a woman, there's been nothing for us yet. The first video could have had a family going to the football or someone taking their daughter or two kids but I understand that that may have weakened the effect somewhat. I also understand why they went with the tongue in cheek scenario of a woman doing the shopping and the man being bored. I do think that they really should do something that at least includes women being interested in football this time though, even if it not specifically targeted just at them. It's all preaching to the choir at the minute and alienates women somewhat, there's been nothing so far for them to see themselves going to a match and enjoying it. It could at least target whole family days out if not young women. At the very least show young daughters going, there's more opportunities lately for young girls to play and get interested in football, start the idea of them attending now and they may grow up to love it and take their own daughters. It just feels like we're missing a trick.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
    SuperTyke likes this.
  11. Jack Tatty (Formerly LouisBalfour)

Jack Tatty (Formerly LouisBalfour) Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Well this Saturday I will be at Wentworth dad dancing to Go West and Right Said Fred.

JamDrop likes this.
  12. Gordon Owen

Gordon Owen Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Better than the ***** we've had in the past.

bfcbub likes this.
  13. bfc

bfcbub Active Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Hi,
    Just a little inside info on the video as it seems to have offended some people. The original was written for it to be roles reversed and then the night before filming both actors dropped out. We put an advert on Twitter for two people, reds fans to come and be filmed for a few hours.
    Thankfully two kind people stepped in and we managed to make the video. However when shown the script they asked if they could switch roles. We gave them the choice of what they felt more comfortable to do. As neither were actors just people generously helping out we didn’t want to make them do something they didn’t want to.
    We were aware that it could be appear male centric and we did make one of the on screen ‘texts’ come from lucy, a name we chose given the current Ladies Barnsley Captain.
    Hope this explains the decision a little more clearly and that you weren’t/aren’t offended by it.

Gordon Owen, JamDrop and YTBFC like this.
  14. JamDrop

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Thanks, that's nice to know. I'm not offended at all by it, I was just making the point that I think it would be a good idea to try and tempt women into coming to Oakwell which neither of those videos will do. Thanks for the information behind it, it's good to know that female fans were considered in the making of it. Also, the two people who did the acting did a cracking job!

bfcbub likes this.
  15. JLWBigLil

JLWBigLil Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Oakwell, in the Ponty End.