Colliers vs Chairboys matchday thread

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Redhelen, Mar 17, 2021.

1. tosh

tosh Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Have we?

SFOTyke and Redhelen like this.
  2. JLWBigLil

JLWBigLil Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Very professional performance and thoroughly deserved victory, in a match that quite a few saw as a potential banana skin. Wycombe's first shot on target resulted in their goal five minutes from time.
    Under normal circumstances, I'd have been very sympathetic over the awarding of such a soft penalty. But from the first minute their screams and squeals whenever a Barnsley player got within five yards of them, complaining to the extremely weak referee at every stage, regularly surrounding him and putting him under pressure meant that any sympathy quickly dissipated. I thought they were bad at Oakwell, but their histrionics reached another level last night.
    Personally speaking, I didn't think it was a penalty. Neither did I think it was a sending off, either. We're now without our leader and captain for the next three crucial matches.
    Daryl Dike was my MOTM. Not only for his two goals, but the way he stood up to the consistent fouling, allowed to go mostly unpunished by the pathetic referee, and how he led the line so effectively even when we went down to ten men.

Tyke_67, leythtyke and Mr C like this.