Come May

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Brian Mahoneys Waist, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Hykehamtyke

Hykehamtyke Well-Known Member

HM Forces
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    But is it not now the case, or so it’s led to believe, that these exact players ( Mowatt, Woodrow, Chaplin, brown) have league 1 pay cuts woven into their contacts so one would surmise they wouldn’t want to play for Barnsley FC in league 1 next season should this be the case?

This is far different than the previous relegation to which that current crop weren’t contracted into? No?
    So yes, I feel the players I mentioned will all want away and these owners will let them and probably for well under their actual worth.

And yes, I don’t trust these owners as far as I could throw them, their own prior history at OGC Nice should set alarm bells ringing if nothing else.

2. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    We sold Pearson, Knasmulner, Mccarthy, Mallan and Bradshaw , Yiadom buggered off and Hammill was released.

lk311 likes this.
  3. Gordon Owen

Gordon Owen Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Substances you say?

We'd **** league 1 with all the above gone.

wombwell-red likes this.
  4. lk3

lk311 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    This is far different than the previous relegation to which that current crop weren’t contracted into? No?
    So yes, I feel the players I mentioned will all want away and these owners will let them and probably for well under their actual worth.

And yes, I don’t trust these owners as far as I could throw them, their own prior history at OGC Nice should set alarm bells ringing if nothing else.[/QUOTE]

I’m not certain but I believe others on here have posted that there was relegation clauses.
    In your post that I replied to you made no reference to players wanting to leave just the board had form for it.
    If you meant that the situation and between them then I would agree it would be unlikely they would all be here.

5. lk3

lk311 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Stretching a bit about banging them in, 12 goals is not prolific and I seem to remember he missed a lot more than he scored and a lot of people didn’t see him leaving as that a big deal.
    In terms of Woodrow not playing that was hardly the owners fault was it that he got injured in training.

6. Redhelen

Redhelen Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'm not saying it was the owners fault but I don't remember people saying great we're swapping Bradshaw for woodrow, particularly as he didn't start for weeks.

7. Bri

Brian Mahoneys Waist Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Woodrow signed for us when we were in league one so he may decide to stick around.Mowett joined us as a Championship club and endured been loaned out to a league one team before we too went down to league one so he may decide to stay around.Kieffer Moore joined us as a Championship club went through a relegation and he too decided to stay around.
    The main players who wanted to leave were Pinnock and Lyndsey 2 players who we took a mighty gamble on and they "engineered " moves after getting promotion.
    End of the day no one knows what the above mentioned players will do.Don't forget though players have all the power not managers or boards but the players.

8. Redhelen

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I still think you're in cloud cuckoo land if you think they ll stay.

9. Bri

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I support my team through thick and thin and I have done for 55 years.I'll take the "cloud cukoo " comment as a playful insult.It reminds me of the day we played Birmingham in the second tier and we lost to a wind assisted free kick which deceived Dave Watson.I went in my local that night and the amount of folk who were saying the same kind of things,living in cloud cukoo land,tha must be daft watching them,the board are pilliking people and the now infamous "they don't want to go up".
    2 months after we got promoted to the Premiership.Those who said all those things to me soon had to wind there neck in after such comments.
    Will we stop up? I don't know but while ever there's enough points to go for I'll hold that belief.

55&counting likes this.
  10. Redhelen

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I was being jocular.

Brian Mahoneys Waist likes this.
  11. Bri

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    No probs.Redhelen.

12. lk3

lk311 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    TBF RH, I don’t think anyone said that cos CW wasn’t on the horizon at point of sale.
    What I recall was people saying good money for an average striker who ran around a lot.
    It was after the fact people said we got a good deal.

Redhelen likes this.
  13. Old

Old Gimmer Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Of course he is. And, anyway, if a player wants to leave for more money we have to let them. We are such a lovely club.

14. Donny Red

Donny Red Well-Known Member

Retired.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    What's odd about this situation re- selling players for peanuts, is that collectively we are led to believe
    that the members of the Board would appear to be wealthy in their own right, so why do they persist in
    pursuing a policy that will ultimately have an adverse effect on the fan base and the future financial well
    being of a Club that they claimed they had bought to improve.? It just doesn't make sense.

15. Hykehamtyke

HM Forces
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I’m not certain but I believe others on here have posted that there was relegation clauses.
    In your post that I replied to you made no reference to players wanting to leave just the board had form for it.
    If you meant that the situation and between them then I would agree it would be unlikely they would all be here.[/QUOTE]

Erm no...they have form as in they sold off pinnock, Lindsey and Moore before a ball was kicked and back-filled with sub-standard replacements. I made no inference that they did this the previous relegation from the championship, you have simply come to that presumption based purely on your opinion of my post.

16. orsenkaht

orsenkaht Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Hurray! We're going up to the Prem! :)

17. lk3

lk311 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Erm no...they have form as in they sold off pinnock, Lindsey and Moore before a ball was kicked and back-filled with sub-standard replacements. I made no inference that they did this the previous relegation from the championship, you have simply come to that presumption based purely on your opinion of my post.[/QUOTE]
    Errm, my response was to you talking about what would happen after relegation and that the board had form for that action, so I asked you to name all the first team players they sold after the last time we were relegated, which you were unable to do.
    So my ‘assumption’ was based on the exact text you used in that sentence.

18. Hykehamtyke

HM Forces
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Errm, my response was to you talking about what would happen after relegation and that the board had form for that action, so I asked you to name all the first team players they sold after the last time we were relegated, which you were unable to do.
    So my ‘assumption’ was based on the exact text you used in that sentence.[/QUOTE]

Oh give over please. I never mentioned the last relegation and you know it. Go back and read it again. You’ve formed your own personal opinionated slant on my words, that’s the size of it.

19. lk3

lk311 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Oh give over please. I never mentioned the last relegation and you know it. Go back and read it again. You’ve formed your own personal opinionated slant on my words, that’s the size of it.[/QUOTE]

You said they would not be here in League one “as is the way of these owners”
    For this to be true, it has to have happened before, last time they were in League one guess what we were relegated there and the current board were in charge.
    So, seeing as you said they have form for it I asked you to name players etc, this would show the ‘way’ you referred to.
    You are now saying this is related to the last transfer window of Pinnock etc, yet none of this is related to being in League one, despite you initially referring to it.

20. Hykehamtyke

HM Forces
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You said they would not be here in League one “as is the way of these owners”
    For this to be true, it has to have happened before, last time they were in League one guess what we were relegated there and the current board were in charge.
    So, seeing as you said they have form for it I asked you to name players etc, this would show the ‘way’ you referred to.
    You are now saying this is related to the last transfer window of Pinnock etc, yet none of this is related to being in League one, despite you initially referring to it.[/QUOTE]

All your opinion of my text, I repeat, your opinion so I will never agree with your dissection of my text. You were the one piping up about who we sold last championship relegation, No?
    None of what you are trying to insinuate relates to what I actually said in the first instance either.

Look, if you cannot see that these current owners are not what they alleged when they took over that’s your look out.
    I’ll stick to my opinions and you stick to yours without trying to put words in my mouth ok fella.