Compulsory vaccinations

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Tyketical Masterstroke, Nov 4, 2020.

1. Tyk

Tyketical Masterstroke Well-Known Member

Dry buumer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
  2. Farnham_Red

Farnham_Red Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley
    At one time I would have said the british parliament would never even consider something so obviously wrong - now the fact its clearly the wrong approach makes me think its a shoe in.
    Seriously I am not sure if even the Tories would go for that one though at least I hope not

BFC Dave likes this.
  3. Tyk

Dry buumer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Can you imagine if this was Trump’s idea, or somewhere in Asia, the outrage would be overwhelming.

monkey tennis and BFC Dave like this.
  4. DEETEE

DEETEE Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I look forward to the condemation.

5. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Chinastastic.

6. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    People will lap it up. We're living in a world where words like freedom and civil liberty are scorned. Where people who believe in them are ridiculed for doing so. We're living in a world where those with a holistic argument, who believe we should look at deaths from all diseases, not just one, who believe the health and happiness of the nation as a whole, not just the number of deaths from Covid-19, is what should drive policy, are called sociopaths.

7. man

mansfield_red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Whatever your position on vaccinations, forced vaccinations are deeply troubling. I don't see the justification for it, and equating it to treating people with mental health issues seems wide of the mark. The clear justification for that is a lack of insight - people with certain mental health conditions lack the insight to make informed decisions about their treatment, in which case it can be justifiable for the state to make those decisions. That's not the case here. We don't forcefully vaccinate kids even though they lack insight, so why are we suddenly wishing to forcefully vaccinate grown adults?

I don't think there's a nefarious illuminati new world order microchipping going on here, but it is the next insidious step in eroding individual liberty. I would hope that there is sufficient resistance to prevent this, and then all right minded people choose to have the vaccine once they are satisfied it is safe to do so.

8. sadbrewer

sadbrewer Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Forced vaccinations won't happen.

9. Tyk

Dry buumer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Honestly - I think this is only partially true. Are the Army going to turn up and hold you down while you’re injected - probably not, though I wouldn’t put money on it. But what I am extremely confident will happen is it will be effectively compulsory via the back door. Want a passport? Only if your Covid vaccines are up to date. Want a mortgage? Only if your Covid vaccines are up to date. Want life insurance? Only if your Covid vaccines are up to date.

10. Ext

Extremely Northern Well-Known Member

Professional Northerner.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Dunno what you're problem is, I can't wait to be injected with a rushed vaccine to protect me from a new virus that I have over a 99% chance of recovering from. What could go wrong ?

Folk really need to take a step back and look at what they are subscribing to currently. Those in charge of us, who make the laws and rules are out of control.

11. Farnham_Red

Style:
    Barnsley
    its not hard to see covid passports being introduced - so to get into many places - or to get on a plane etc you will need to show a valid certificate. There is actually precedence - I think there are some countries you cant enter without a vaccine for Yellow Fever for example but here you have a long established and well proven vaccine and I wouldnt even consider going somewhere at risk without it
    Thats totally different to a rushed vaccine which is still not fully proven. I would probably still take it as at my age I am getting into the at risk category - but if I was still in my 20's I wouldnt want to risk it until its properly proven. Its actual assault to do it without consent

Barnsley_Blitz and John Peachy like this.
  12. Lor

Lordtyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It's now compulsory for anyone holidaying in the Canary Islands to have a negative Covid test certificate from within last 48 hours before flight. If you land and get to the hotel without one you will be refused entry and be taken to a clinic where you will be compelled to take (and pay for) a test.
    It's only a step away from a vaccine certificate

13. Farnham_Red

Style:
    Barnsley
    Its quite a big step from testing - which cant possibly harm you - to injecting an only partially proven vaccine but its not beyond the realms of possiblilty that some countries will insist on it in the not too distant future

BFC Dave, budmustang, JamDrop and 3 others like this.
  14. DEETEE

DEETEE Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    What happens when Coivd cases drop out their arse in 18 months....

BFC Dave likes this.
  15. Tek

Tekkytyke Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    I think it is a certainty we will not be a mandatory requirement to have the Covid vaccination. However, it may well be a requirement in order to travel abroad.

As has already been pointed out some countries require evidence for immunity from yellow fever. At the end of the day, it comes down to personal choice though. You can choose NOT to have a vaccine but that may restrict your other choices i.e. travel to certain countries. Many other vaccines like Hepatitis etc are strongly recommended and whilst not mandatory you would be stupid to travel to some tropical and sub tropical climates and go, for example diving, without taking those precautions. I know some dive resorts that would not allow you to dive without evidence. i agree imposing a vaccine on people is unethical, but at the same time, like many other thing in life, what you choose to accept, or not, has a knock on effect on other things you may or may not choose to do.

Tobys Knackers likes this.
  16. dreamboy3000

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yeah I can see that. For example New Zealand are pretty much back to normal so if you want to go there and not quarantine they are bound to want proof from you before they let you in. It shouldn't just be down to a vaccine as there will hopefully be rapid tests soon that tell them if you have it on arrival somewhere within minutes. If someone is below 50 years old I reckon they will be far less likely to take it through choice. Someone in their 40s or 50s should wait a decade to see long term results of the vaccine and then decide when they are more at risk than now.

17. rin

ringo Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    All I can say don't believe all you see in print or from the gobshites on tv

18. wak

wakeyred Well-Known Member

the clues in my imaginative online moniker
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I’m no fan of this lockdown nonsense - but purely to get thing back to normal and minimise the massive economic and life impacts it’s just as selfish to refuse the vaccine as it is to ignore the rules about not meeting up inside with others and not wearing a mask.

fatalbert likes this.
  19. dreamboy3000

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It is already happening in Denmark.

20. Redhelen

Redhelen Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You can only go to some places if you have say the yellow fever vaccination. If it erradiates this virus the majority will need to partake in the programme.

RamTam and anstonred like this.