Compulsory vaccinations

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Tyketical Masterstroke, Nov 4, 2020.

1. Redhelen

Redhelen Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    There are cultural differences in things like female circumcision but we don't say ok do your own thing. I mentioned education in my previous post so we agree on that.

2. Tyk

Tyketical Masterstroke Well-Known Member

Dry buumer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You’re not really equating FGM with choosing not to take a vaccine though are you?

3. Redhelen

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    No of course not. My friends back from the Caribbean, those she's met are scared stiff of COVID (understandably) but also won't have the vaccination. Catch 22.

4. Loko the Tyke

Loko the Tyke Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I agree on this. The only problem is that educating to some is comparing the vaccine to that of yellow fever. At that point you’re not educating you’re pretty much just lying.

It’s also startling how little has been presented by the mainstream media on the risks vs. benefits for the age group being discussed right now. It’s almost a wall of silence on the heart swelling issues that extremely rare to date, but still exist.

PinballWizard likes this.
  5. Redhelen

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    tell me more about the heart swelling issues.

6. Loko the Tyke

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Someone will likely be able to share something more official, but there’s been thousands of cases of inflammation of the heart post vaccine administration in younger people. I believe a tiny number of fatalities, but in line with the number in that age group dying solely from Covid. Therefore that risk vs. benefit equation that people discuss.

PinballWizard and Redhelen like this.
  7. Farnham_Red

Farnham_Red Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley
    I must admit I am struggling with the vaccinating kids one - there is so little reliable information I have found - though I havent searched too hard
    I would be curious as to why the government which, few of us trust have the competence to make the right decision, should chose to ignore the recommendations of their experts they specifically asked to investigate.
    If as I suspect its to be seen to be doing something and they already have spare vaccines and people to give them - that's a pretty poor reason, especially when for example ensuring school ventilation is improved would be a far more effective approach. Though that requires more planning and effort. something that they seem particularly gifted at avoiding.

Maybe there is a good reason - for example stopping kids getting it breaks the transmission path to parents and grandparents etc but no one has produced this as an argument backed up with evidence

8. 188

1887 Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

Which Caribbean destination did your freind come back from we are supposed to be going end of this year but not holding out much hope as all the islands seem to be on red and with low Vaccination rates.

9. Redhelen

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Jamaica

1887 likes this.
  10. RamTam

RamTam Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Sorry are you sure you linked the right post? That's a post saying we'll need an up to date Covid vaccination to get passports, mortgages and life insurance.. which seems pretty insane and, as far as I can tell, isn't true.

Even if it was, it'd only prove my point. You're using one post you made to suggest everything else you've tried to say is true. Which is how conspiracy theorists suck people in.

TitusMagee and Redhelen like this.
  11. RamTam

RamTam Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Being that it's considered to be one of the most widely undiagnosed conditions in the general population without vaccines, it's safe to say noone knows much about it. Funny that if you monitor the hearts of numerous young people recently vaccinated you might identify this condition more often. They're still not sure if the cases they're seeing are above the base level.

There are studies to come and, although there is a lot of ignorant hysteria on this subject due to poor media coverage of the issue, I do think it makes sense to hold off vaccinating young people until we have concrete answers. It is fair comment that Health issues and death from covid in under 18s is extremely rare in the none clinically vulnerable.

12. RamTam

RamTam Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Loads of people on here and across the social spectrum have cited the Florida and Texas models where they actively outlawed covid restrictions and most certainly let it run its course. Even with the data manipulation those states used to reduce their case and death counts that hasn't gone well and, as usual, people have gone quiet on that subject.

13. Loko the Tyke

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    That's a very biased view considering manipulation of the data working both ways, and isn't at all reflective of what 'loads of people on here' said. Not at all. There is an alternative view that involves lockdown not being the widespread success you appear to be saying it is - but obviously you're fine to disregard that as much as I'm ok to think it has some merit.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2021/jun/30/covid-19-lockdowns-caused-more-deaths-instead-of-r/

Regardless of your opinion on somewhere like Florida, they didn't just let it run it's course. There were other strategies in play.

14. RamTam

RamTam Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Sorry, I'm struggling to look into this because there's no link to the paper, title or author names that I can see. It's hard to decipher from that article what said paper actually concludes and what is simply implied by the notorious right wing tabloid that article is printed in.

I'm happy to read the original paper if you can find it but I take nothing from a newspaper that regularly prints articles, denying climate change and false accusations that Obama is Muslim. It's hard to ignore the irony that you're literally linking me to a mainstream source of conspiracy theories.

Redhelen likes this.
  15. Ext

Extremely Northern Well-Known Member

Professional Northerner.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    In addition a Tory Govt led by a PM who most on here deride at every opportunity looks like it's about to ignore/override the conclusion of an independent body of experts, the JCVI who are there to assess vaccines for 'wider' reasons - and it's lapped up slavishly. Shameful really. Children to be vaccinated to reduce transmission in the community by 20% at best (aka guesswork) - not for their own benefit, which is obscene.

Still, we shouldn't be surprised after 18 months of the behavioural scientists leading the way. You can fool most of the people most of the time it seems.

16. TitusMagee

TitusMagee Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Not sure most are onboard with kids being vaccinated. Plus plenty of us can see beyond this Tory shitshow in that pretty much every country in the world has had restrictions etc, doesn't mean they are pro Tory.

Redhelen likes this.
  17. Loko the Tyke

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Nothing for you to be sorry for and nothing ironic. Other similar reports exist that have challenged the effectiveness of lockdown. I was just providing a reference to this one. It's almost as if you're completely flat out refusing that lockdowns might have a negative impact long term? I saw the necessity for something akin to a lockdown, but not to the level we saw. Speaking of comparing areas with restrictions vs. those with less, is it ok to use Israel vs. Sweden? The former moving on to their third vaccine jab, mask mandates, lockdowns, vaccine passports, etc. FYI and full disclaimer I'm not a fan of comparing geographies as there's so many different tangibles to consider, but as you were claiming people had gone mute on a topic that hasn't been discussed for weeks this is an exception.

[​IMG]

I understand your position and opinion on this. But within this thread you've tried to unfairly label people on the BBS and completely exaggerate the level of discourse you're trying to attach to them. Especially when you're criticising extremism on the opposite viewpoint. For every critical 'Nazi' post there's an equally critical 'conspiracy theorist' one. Not specifically aimed at you, but it's pretty embarrassing that the world we live in refuses to find or accept any form of a middle ground on opinions and discussion. If it's right wing it's always wrong/bad, when the reality is it's never 100% as black and white as that (and 100% works the opposite way as well, just for balance). The bias of media isn't exclusive to one side of the political debate.

Lockdowns were implemented terribly by an abject government and a weak opposition.
    The vaccine is a huge positive but we need way more data than we have to be making the claims we are.
    We flip and flop between following the science/listening to the government and the public just continue to nod and do whatever is proposed.
    Covid passports are draconian and any central government initiatives, launched to try and coerce the younger generation, should be given far, far more heat than they are. There's also a massive lack of data to support how they help vs. using a negative test.

RamTam, Redstone and TitusMagee like this.
  18. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

The question is which parent in there right mind would consent to there child been vaccinated.

19. One

One plus one equals three Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If you are talking about bias

Look at the publicity and positivity that we get on all media in favour of anyone and everyone having the vaccinations.

What are we hearing about the negative side of taking vaccinations. Absolutely nothing.

When there was a campaign for all young children to be vaccinated against the usual host of childhood diseases, the media jumped like lemmings to publicise any dissenting views.

Why are they not doing it now about the problems with covid vaccinations.

Talk about bias!

No matter what your views on vaccinations Only one side of the argument is getting any publicity whatsoever.

20. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Things you like to see like #SackZahawi trending at number 1 on Twitter with hundreds quoting his old lie tweet here.

PinballWizard likes this.