Corbyn v Andrew Neil

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Xerxes, May 26, 2017.

1. Xer

Xerxes Well-Known Member

Ex-oil Company Project Director
    West Riding of Yorkshire or St Selve, France
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Wriggling. Anyone who votes for this clown needs their heads examining.

manxtyke likes this.
  2. tobyornottoby

tobyornottoby Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Must be me.

I thought he did rather well.

3. andytyke

andytyke Administrator Staff Member Admin

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I thought he coped miles better than the witch

4. Til

Tilertoes Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    So again, the ambition to win the election is to be slightly less **** than the opposition.

5. wak

wakeyred Well-Known Member

the clues in my imaginative online moniker
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Anyone from a mining community who votes Tory deserves pity and a crowd funded trip to see a head doctor.

6. cli

clints right foot Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    People see what they want to see...

Mateo Corbo likes this.
  7. orsenkaht

orsenkaht Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I came at this election with a low opinion of Corbyn, based primarily on my perception of his slim chances of winning. On any objective view he has narrowed the gap between Labour and the Tories. He is offering a genuinely different way of doing things, and espousing policies which undoubtedly command a high level of public support. To my eyes [not particularly pro-Corbyn] Andrew Neil barely laid a glove on him. Contrast that with the inept performance of Teresa May on Monday evening. It seems to me that May is steering us towards a disastrous outcome to the Brexit negotiations, and one which will compound the damage that the original leave vote already ensures. Added to that, she seems incapable of promoting policies that can withstand scrutiny for more than a day or two. She is not a leader, but like Cameron, a reactor to events. Corbyn is still likely to lose - perhaps heavily. But compared to the incumbent, I find myself warming a little to the idea of him having a go. To my mind, 7 years of Tory lite and full blown have done little to improve the lot of the fabled 'just about managings'. It might all end in tears, but could hardly be worse than what we have now, with no real progress on the deficit, economic activity depressed and the public services, particularly health, coming under increased threat from those who would wish to deny their provision to the wider public.

John Peachy, BobT and ark104 (v2) like this.
  8. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Well-Known Member

Project Manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Just to show how fair I am I will say again that Andrew Neil is the very best in the business at forensically interviewing MPs. He can make the very best wriggle and I don't think I've ever seen an interview where he hasn't systematically grilled the interviewee. Does this make Corbyn look bad? No not in my opinion.

If I was a party leader I would absolutely dread an interview with him.

upthecolliers likes this.
  9. upt

upthecolliers Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Ha, Ha, Ha.

10. Micky Finn

Micky Finn Well-Known Member

Light bender
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Is the clock on this site correct?? It's just that Xerxes appears to have posted his critique of Corbyn's performance 40 minutes before the programme actually started. Probably the clock's wrong, mind....

11. YTB

YTBFC Guest

Neil's MO is to attack the so-called weaknesses of the MP in front of him, and he does so very well. He isn't there to agree at all. He just attacks, and it's up to folk to then make a judgment.

I think he hammered both of them. But JC did much better than May. I think she's horrific though in those situations. It's why she won't debate JC. He would annihilate her.

Corbyn and Neil's last exchange was the highlight. Neil named a few Labour MP's who don't like/trust Corbyn and tried to use that to suggest the public can't trust him. JC's retort was bang on.

I reckon it's all to play for. The MSM have much to do to get Theresa back in number 10. Because the Tories won't do it themselves.

12. PLOBBY

PLOBBY Well-Known Member

keep yer nose out
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You must have lived through the last labour government or you've got an extremely short memory . It was an absolute disaster , typical labour high tax high spend policy and hope for the best . Its and ideological country and world that Corbyn wants and dreams of . He needs to stop dreaming and start behaving like a leader and not just an anti government protester. He just spouts nonsense like an average bloke in the pub just to be popular. I'm not politicised really but he can't possibly lead our country.

DSLRed and MarioKempes like this.
  13. LiverpoolRed

LiverpoolRed Well-Known Member

Liverpool, Liverpool, United Kingdom, 105653082800
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Hi taxes? Are you better off under this government because I know I'm not after a frozen 1% pay increase and increased pension contributions

14. YTB

YTBFC Guest

I actually understand where you're coming from, I do. I do get that viewpoint. I disagree, but I get it.

First off though, you cannot compare a potential JC-led Labour government to the Tory-lite last Labour government.

And whilst I see your points, as basic as they are, I ask you this: he can't lead our country but Theresa May can? Really?

She presided over cuts to our Police force, 20,000 officers gone. Then stood in front of them telling them to stop scare-mongering and crying wolf. Meanwhile, she's just been to Saudi and agreed to sell them more arms. That's Saudi. You know, the country that stones and beheads women in public. The country that passes these weapons on to Daesh etc. Bin Laden's country. I can sort of understand the Americans being in bed with them, 16% of American money is Saudi money.

So I'm sorry, but I can't understand why anyone would vote for the Tories, who basically fund these horrible ******** who kill our innocent civilians. And they are horrible ********. They're cowards. They are evil. They try to appropriate Islam to somehow justify their atrocities. They're just pure scum. But bombing the sh*t out of muslim countries isn't the answer. I dunno what the answer is. But it isn't that. Time shows that. And reducing police numbers hasn't helped clearly.

I commute to work every day. Today I had an armed officer, automatic weapon in his hand stood next to me. He did well to squeeze on to be honest. But that's another Tory story, the state of our trains etc. But it hits home when you're on your way to work and you've a lovely bloke having to travel with you, with a ******* gun.

But yeah. Corbyn and Labour would be so much worse than this...

Afies Dad, cakeypig, BBBFC and 2 others like this.
  15. Jam

Jamo Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yeah, anyone voting for someone who's offering help for the NHS, Trident, Brexit, Education, vulnerable people and other public services with a fully costed manifesto needs their head testing. Fancy voting for someone who has the majoritys interests at heart.

Oh but but but he sat on a train floor once and didn't say strong and stable.

16. Men

Menai Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I thought Corbyn was a breath of fresh air compared, why anyone would vote for someone who lays out a manifesto and then u turns on it a couple of days later.

Sent from my iPhone using Barnsley FC BBS Fans Forum

leebrilleaux and LiverpoolRed like this.
  17. YTB

YTBFC Guest

It remains un-costed too.

LiverpoolRed likes this.
  18. arabian_ian

arabian_ian Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Will Nicola Sturgeon get the chance to put the Scottish view point forward?

Or is the Andrew Neil Interviews exclusively reserved for the English MPs?

19. Men

Menai Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Why would the people of England/wales care? Much like the people of Scotland don't care about the English/wales viewpoint. Nationalist voting is a waste of time. You need your own parliament and not rely on funding from elsewhere. Then you can have your own autonomy and not point fingers at everywhere else.

Sent from my iPhone using Barnsley FC BBS Fan Forum mobile app

20. andytyke

andytyke Administrator Staff Member Admin

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Just the Important ones :D