Corruption Amongst Officials

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Conan Troutman, Jan 15, 2017.

1. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Well-Known Member

Project Manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It wouldn't surprise me if corruption amongst some officials was uncovered. Some decisions are just so unfathomably wrong; so incompetent that it does raise doubts about the integrity of some officials.

2. YTB

YTBFC Guest

I cannot for the life of me understand why he gave a penalty. And the disallowed goal is nearly as laughable.

By the way, I'm not suggesting we were great tonight, but if you saw the game and can honestly say the referee didn't decide that result...

3. Con

Conan Troutman Well-Known Member

Professional Football Fan
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Let's face it, they're not on fortunes - but they could be easily persuaded for a low six figure sum.

4. Con

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    No one can. That's why I really have to question their integrity.

5. YTB

YTBFC Guest

Like I say, I can't fathom how he's come to those two decisions.

6. Red

RedAllOver Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You should do a video of how many penalties we'd have had this season on the basis of theirs tonight. Reckon we'd be in 3 figures

7. Tek

Tekkytyke Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    All nonsense!! The ...ahem.....unbiased ...ahem BBC reported it on live reporting text as...."

Powell is the coolest man at the DW Stadium, finding the top corner with a wonderful penalty.

Powell is pushed in the box by Angus MacDonald. It looked a clear penalty."

The reporter did say it was unclear as to why the goal was disallowed at the end...."
    "Barnsley do more than press and have the ball in the net thanks to a Matty James strike.But the effort is ruled out, seemingly for a push on keeper Jakob Haugaard. It's not obvious what it was for but that seems to be the best option. "

Strangely there is no mention of the disallowed gooal or that it was a clear penalty in the final match report or under the live text tab. I was not there so cannot comment other than watching the twitter view from someones telly I followed the ball which was crossed in and headed clear and for the life of me cannot see where the contact was made. The only players I saw close to each other were near the goal line with the Wigan player behind a Barnsley player but it was too blurred and small to make anything out.

8. Acido Tyke

Acido Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Did the ref have anything to do with our shambolic 2 goals in 2 minutes giveaway, before the penalty ?
    No I havent been and yes Ive seen the 2 bad decisions, and it sickens me to think we've been conned out of 2 big bad decisions there. But again, we shouldnt have been in the position of conceding a 3rd goal in 11 minutes even if it was a terrible penalty decision.

9. YTB

YTBFC Guest

Read my post again.

As far as I can see, we had that game sewn up. But then we gift them two goals. Then the ref took over and decided the result.

10. blivy

blivy Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Utterly incompetent refereing. Not just the big decisions either. He fell of Wigan's diving and play acting nearly every time. And the times he didn't there was no sign of a yellow card.

11. Gloria Stitts

Gloria Stitts Active Member

Compared to European referees ours are pretty good, even the Championship ones, the Champions League ones are meant to be the best European refs and they were all awful this week, 3 dodgy penalties.

12. tho

thomasevans Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    There is something I don't like about Simon Hooper's refereeing. It is too often impulsive. He also seems to have a too 'pally' relationship with the players, which may make him more easily influenced by some of them. I just think that his judgement is questionable on more occasions than a lot of referees and it is often about big decisions on game-changing incidents. His classic was the disallowed Cameron Jerome goal for Norwich City at Carrow Road last season. I forget the opposition, but, had the goal stood, it would have had the distinct possibility of saving Norwich from relegation. It was simply one of the best over-head kick goals I have ever seen ..... and Hooper disallowed it on the pretext that Jerome's foot was raised too close to the defender's head when replays showed a good couple of yards separation and no contact. Most referees will err on the side of allowance, rather than disallowance in critical situations, but Hooper seems to want to step into the limelight in such scenarios. He did so again last night. Perhaps he wanted a standing ovation at the end. He would have got it from the Wigan fans, but needs to chalk Norwich and Barnsley off his bucket list.

13. tho

thomasevans Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    This link may be of interest and there are other ones. When a ref hasn't got the support of other refs, it is time to question what is happening.

http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwic...r-his-errors-in-norwich-city-defeat-1-4188887

14. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Seen suspect officials all this season especially early on the scowern red v fulham, the forest game the leeds pen which was a free kick and that's just off top of my head there is some corruption with referee's.

15. Con

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)