Dale Tonge...

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Shepley Red, Jan 24, 2019.

1. She

Shepley Red Well-Known Member

Building Surveyor
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Will step up from his academy coaching position to assist Stendel for the next few games.

Redhelen likes this.
  2. Sopwith Camel

Sopwith Camel Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Ar, playing the.. one of our own card. Damage limitation..

Sprotbrough Red likes this.
  3. John Peachy

John Peachy Well-Known Member

The littlest hobo
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    wonder what his German is like..

4. Wat

Watcher_Of_The_Skies Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Well they could appoint nobody at all until they find someone else. Maybe that would make you happier?

5. Sopwith Camel

Sopwith Camel Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    They will now be slagged at every... Shoot ourselves in the foot.. opportunity by this Club. Until these carpetbagging cnuts ether show a bit of affinity with Barnsley fc.. or pack there bags..
    The gloves are off.

6. tho

thomasevans Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I am left wondering if we have sleep-walked into this situation yet again. There must have been some indication that this move was likely to happen at least a week ago after the new Huddersfield boss was appointed - possibly even before. is it expecting too much that the club and DS in particular has already started putting out soundings. It is important that DS should make the appointment, as it will be his bonding into the coaching staff which will determine its success. I hope that he has some more German/European contacts with whom he will work well. I hope Dale does well. The last one we promoted internally was PH, which augurs well.

I am still left thinking - when are we going to start retaining and building a team which will a) get promoted from League One and b) be equipped in terms of quality and squad numbers to make a push for the Premiership, which is what the new ownership promised us.

Dodgy Back Tyke and Shepley Red like this.
  7. Wat

Watcher_Of_The_Skies Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Stendel: "I think we have found a good solution with Dale in the coming days. We spoke a long time about what I expect from him. I think he is a good option for us and the team. I am happy he is involved with our team.

On the longer-term situation, he added: “Maybe we sign another coach, but Dale will support us. I will think about a coach from Germany, but at the moment I am happy with Dale.”Winkler links up with Jan Siewert, who he has known since they undertook their coaching qualifications together with the pair working together at Rot-Weiss Essen, where Siewert spent a spell as coach and Winkler acted as sporting director. On the departing Winkler, Stendel added: “Andy and Jan worked together at Essen and he told me about this offer and I said: ‘ok’. I said I wanted him to stay, but from the outside, this is a big chance for him to work in the Premier League.“I am disappointed he left and I think we worked very well in the first seven months together. But it is the way in football. Players leave and this time, Andreas has left the club.”

Connor and Redhelen like this.
  8. She

Building Surveyor
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

9. She

Building Surveyor
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Agree everything you have wrote! This hasn't just happened over the last couple of days, Winkler must have been sounded out by Jan Siewert as he was discussing the Huddersfield head coach position. When exactly BFC knew about it is another matter. By all accounts Stendel sounded frustrated in this morning's pre-match press conference. I just hope we have a support network in place for him so he's not left feeling isolated. We should also let him choose the new assistant manager.
    Moving on to your last few points, if Stendel does get us promoted this season then there will be a lot of interest in him and given what GG said about Winkler having a buy out clause Stendel will likely be in the same position. Suppose Stendel takes us up and a Bundesliga 2 team comes in for him in the summer, I think unfortunately for us he would return home to be much closer to his family.