Dementia Tax.

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Jimmy viz, May 22, 2017.

1. upt

upthecolliers Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    What a load of TOSH I'm an ex-miner worked on the front face for 20 years worked in the pit 25 years, and it takes me 8 years to earn 80k and spreading it out over 8 years you have not much left over, one year with 80k your a very rich man were ever you live.

2. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

So your saying all ex miners earn 10k a year an non have bettered themselves scince leaving the pit..... okay

3. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    At what point do you become rich? If you earn a 80000 there would be no additional taxation. If you earned 100000 grand you would contribute an extra 1000 quid a year.

Not the day for all this though.

4. upt

upthecolliers Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Listen lad I was quoting my self.
    Most of my mates from the pit I worked at were tossed in the gutter when the pit shut and unfortunately, 90% of them are now dead no one I knew ever earned that amount of money or anywhere near.
    Your just coming out with Conservative bullshyte, if you know some, name them as ex-miners they'll not be shy of people known what they earn.

leebrilleaux likes this.
  5. tyr

tyrone1 Banned Idiot

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    He is not though is he

In no way whatsoever so ever should. You be considered to be rich if earn 80k per year.

6. DEETEE

DEETEE Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I dont think any of the big three english parties have a sparkling manifesto.
    Nor have they seen sound use of a calculator.

And youve yet to tear apart in the same vigour anything from the libs labour snp or greens.

7. Jimmy viz

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Labour is costed and looks fairly robust
    greens perhaps a little wooly on funding
    Snp I'm not Scottish. There only policy is Scottish independence everything elsev is Tony Blair Labour. LIB Dems basically running on an anti Brexit ticket with few policies beyond that.

All have policies I agree and disagree with.

The only Conservative idea that seems a postive thing for normal people is the gas/electric cap that they nicked off Milliband having condemned it as Marxist.

None of them want to steal kids food, Rob the dead or rip animals apart with dogs. All are to some degree positive. The tories manifesto seems negative and has nothing positive to say. It lacks any sort of patriotic feeling and seems to slag us off as a nation.

8. Tek

Tekkytyke Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    And not only that...
    I have a free standing bookcase that I bought some time ago because it was advertised as 'strong and stable' Don't think Adolf had one though ;)

9. MDG

MDG Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'm actually impressed that the PM seems to be able to change her mind. Definitely not criticising her if the reasons are that it is through public pressure. She could act more like Thatcher did and refuse point blank to change any politics then the lefties teddys would be firmly out of their cots. So she can't win either way lol.. Love how it gets media attention, politician changes mind, so what does that just mean they have listened to the people, that's a good thing isn't it. I'm surprised she hasn't thought of backing it up from that point of view.

I'm definitely better off financially under the tories than I was under Labour but that's not the only driving factor behind how I would eventually cast my vote.

Come June 8th though I might vote Labour, I do like some of the policies, others seem not fully thought out properly and are there just to appease the unions. I'm confident that if I do vote Labour that I am voting for more widespread financial hardship for the country as a whole when the corporates start to relocate to Germany and France or the USA looking for a better deal. So it's a trade off decision, maybe a fairer way of life for everyone through distribution of current wealth somewhat against the current practice of driving growth of UK PLC through big corporates yet probably seeing the North in particular neglected. One thing not being highlighted about the Labour manifesto is that through this re-nationalisation there would be widespread redundancies surely as a public nationalised industry could be centralised (In London no doubt) and couldn't support the number of support staff. Same applies to the other areas Royal Mail and Energy co's. That worries me somewhat.

But their manifesto is still partly appealing. Still undecided, plus I would cringe at the thought of Abbott in charge of any department. lol

10. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

I didn't say they earned it at the time but they are some who made a success after getting finished. Like I say 80k a year does not make a person rich. And yeah okay just because I disagree with ONE labour policy it makes me a Tory boy who reads the mail and sun okay then.

11. ark

ark104 (v2) Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If you're on £80k you're taking home £4,500 a month after tax. And as others have pointed out you'd still be taking home that. Anything you earn above £80k you'd be paying a slightly higher rate of tax so that public services that we all benefit from are properly funded.

Can't see why anyone would have an issue with that.

12. Jimmy viz

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I look at it this way. I will be marginally impacted by the change in taxation should it happen. Probably end up paying 50 quid a month more. I have 2 daughters as it stands I would probably end up forking out well over a 100 grand if they go to uni to stop em racking up too much debt. . So overall I've saved money. Does that make you feel any easier about it?

13. Jimmy viz

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Interesting article in the Financial Times about the cost of reducing net migration as per tbe tories manifesto if anyone is interested. About 15.6 billion quid. I thought it was the Greens who wanted to throw money away like confetti

Last edited: May 24, 2017
  14. Farnham_Red

Farnham_Red Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley
    The sole reason the Tories have that in is they are after the UKIP voters - As May has continually failed to control immegration and it would be a disaster for British business if they did achieve their targets. I expect its one policy that is in for headline and vote grabbing but one they know they have no realistic chance of achieving.

15. Jimmy viz

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/b...-economics-and-business-researc-a7753261.html

Sent from my iPad using Barnsley FC BBS Fan Forum mobile app