Derby County Away 04/03/2017 Match Thread.

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by RASCAL, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Prince of Risborough

Prince of Risborough Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I hate these "happy clapper" jibes. Just because you are someone who is enjoying what he has seen at Oakwell in recent times it doesn't make you one of those, whatever it is. Actually I always thought of Baptists and the like being happy clappers because, well......that's what they do "Praise the Lord!!" I tried the Andover Baptist Church many years ago, encouraged by my ex wife who was a Baptist when we met (soon became of the lapsed variety). I found it over powering and, frankly, ludicrous but I wouldn't have dreamed of sniping at any of the congregation who enjoyed doing that every Sunday. I just said "I don't like this" and stopped going. C'est la vie.

Following BFC is a bit of a religious experience sometimes. It takes you up to the highest high and then drags you down to the depths again soon enough. Life at the moment is mostly highs but I know it won't last. Will that make me stop going? Not on your life!!

2. Langer Dan

Langer Dan Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Nope - Peoples Republic of Cork

3. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I don't disagree with a lot of the things you say but why do you think promotion was so unlikely given that we were the divisions form team and one point off them when we flogged the family silver? Genuine question no side.

4. Archey

Archey Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Probably the pessimist in me. I still think we were riding the crest of a wave and the signs of a downturn in form I feel were evident prior to Hourihane and Bree leaving. Winnall was never staying beyond January, as much was confirmed by Hecky after his departure, and we've waited years for a 20 goal striker to come along, so how long before we drop on another. I'm not sure who we could have brought in to replace his goals, whether or not Hourihane left in my opinion. Who knows. I know as little as everyone else.

Sent from space using satellites and things

5. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I tend to agree but thought my views were more down to cynicism that owt else. The value of Winnall has been downplayed by some but it can't be overstated.

6. Archey

Archey Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Not in the slightest. Or at least the value of him with Hourihane. There's nothing preventing say Bradshaw and Mowatt forming a similar partnership in time, but as I say, time is the operative word.

Sent from space using satellites and things