Diggers

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by pontyender, Apr 27, 2017.

1. pon

pontyender Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Released at Ipswich

2. Barnsley Loyal

Barnsley Loyal Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    No surprise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Sadly never going to make it with injuries. Whatever Ipswich gave us was a steal for him.

4. PLOBBY

PLOBBY Well-Known Member

keep yer nose out
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Hemsy will be mortified !

5. Brush

Brush Well-Known Member

Ex-IT professional
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Bulldozers.

I'll get me coit.

6. SirPsychoSexy

SirPsychoSexy Banned Idiot

Style:
    XenForo - Xenith Reds
    Unfortunately never lived up to his potential. Conference player at best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. fit

fitzytyke2 Well-Known Member

Seems to have been around a long time without breaking into a first team and holding down a place.

Didn't he train with Man United and England at one point?

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

8. Red

Red Rain Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I remember Hemsworth having a bit of a paddy with me about something I said about the lad in one of my match reports. Sadly, he never looked like a footballer to me. His reaction time was glacial.

9. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I remember him starting against middlesbrough in the fa cup under Wilson. It was like he had lead boots on and had been given horse tranquiliser before kick off having said that all the team had a off day 2 nil to them flattered us but one of his worst performances in a red shirt I've seem him play.

10. fit

fitzytyke2 Well-Known Member

My son always said he looked like a centre half or a rugby league player.

He once ran the length of the pitch away at Donny, lost his head at the sight of goal, and passed too heavily. End of move.

I think that was the game Danny had just bought scowen and left him on the bench.

Holgate sent off?

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

11. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I remember that lost 1 nil and it flattered us. Never been so bored watching a game of football in all my life. And I can remember that over hit pass funnily enough.

fitzytyke2 likes this.
  12. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Well-Known Member

Project Manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It's a shame for the lad because he did seem to have potential but unfortunately he's just not good enough at this level. I hope he finds a club at a level that suits him.

13. man

mansfield_red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    He'd be world class if football was played at a walking pace. I think his development was unfortunately curtailed by medical issues and he never managed to catch back up. It's a shame because he was so highly thought of as a young un. I'm sure he'll have a career at League 1 and possibly championship level eventually but it seems he'll never reach the heights for which everyone thought he was originally destined.

14. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I've only seen him play ok once & that was against Port Vale where Danny Wilson used him as a spoiler to cut out the long ball to Tom Pope & he did pretty well.

Rest of the time he looked a yard off the pace, there's no doubt he can pick a pass but his reactions, acceleration & awareness just aren't up to it at this level.

15. Hem

Hemsworth Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Simply needs to go and get games.

At the end he wasn't treated correctly here and it cost him. He needs good people around him and people that will trust him and the way he plays football. Mcarthy was never the guy really with his ancient ways and views on boom ball.

Hopefully, he will have gained a nice bank balance from Ipswich and Barnsley and will be able to take pretty much a year/ eighteen month in say league two team and pick the right club for HIM and the way he plays. Hopefully, he'll be able to give the club an incentive to sign him and get going again and show someone that he's a good footballer.

Get rid of the crap about been a centre back. Go back to been that Carrick type footballer than many of us loved to watch at Barnsley, not the ones who can't wait to write you off but those who saw you at peak.

He's got to be looking at Matt Croos, okay on loan at Scunthorpe now but went from unwanted at Huddersfield to Accrington.Got back enjoying football and quickly signed for Rangers.

Look at Rose now, seems to have found a bit of form, Getting goals for Mansfield and seems to be picking up motm's and player of the months.

16. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

That post has so much in it. Starts by stating the obviously, assumption he wasn't treated right by our staff and wasn't trusted by our staff, dig (pun not intended) at one of our greatest ever defenders. PROFESSIONAL football players are paid enough to play how a club sees fit. It's not for a club to change their ways to accomodate how someone likes to play. You saying that is like a putdown of him because you are admiting he's not versatile and adaptable and pretty much one dimensional in his play.

Just admit he's just not very good like pretty much all who have come through our academy in recent years. Luckily the odd couple that do make it make us money, even though we don't see them for long before they are shipped out like Stones and Holgate.

17. Hem

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'm sorry but I don't give a **** where he comes from or who McCarthy used to play for. I don't like the guy or the way he plays Football. I don't like the way former Barnsley players Neil Warnock, Alex Neil or Steve Agnew manage either. Some on here will look at former players of say their childhood through rose tinted spec's but I certainly won't. I'll judge you on the actions of the time.

And whilst i'm on about this, Gary Monk. He's heading that way too with route one football at times. It's awful to watch.

To get back to Digby. If you have a footballer like Digby he will have to fit into a system but the manager will have to find a system that plays a certain way. Huddlestone ,carrick to name two are players that play in a very similar way.

18. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Well-Known Member

Project Manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It says a lot that you thought Conor was tripe but think Digby is the next Xavi and blame his clubs for his lack of progress.

It is a shame it hasn't worked out for him at this level but i really don't think that is anything to do with a lack of investment in him at either Barnsley or Ipswich.

fitzytyke2 and occook like this.
  19. Hem

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It's says nothing because it's a complete lie. I do think some over-egged Hourihane and whilst watching James over the last 8 or so week you can see actually what the next level and the Prem level looks like. Although the people saying he was better than J Henderson makes me chuckle everytime Liverpool are on TV.

With Digby, of course the club have to look at inwards. It's something Ben Mansford mentioned whilst he was at the club and went back to a player called Taylor to demonstrate where it was going wrong.

20. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    [​IMG]

MexboroughTyke likes this.