Do we need anybody new

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by DONKEYDOO, Aug 30, 2018.

1. DON

DONKEYDOO Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I am currently very pleased with the squad and the way players have stepped up to the plate . Is it the new management team ,have we at last after many years got a manager and back room team who can get the best out of the team.
    several players (no names) who last season just didn't seem to either be up for it or weren't good enough are showing us that they are worth the red shirt,and are giving 100% .Some results haven't gone our way but nobody can fault the effort everyone is giving 100%

2. NathanBFC94

NathanBFC94 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    In my opinion we do need a few in.

The starting 11 are playing so well but football is a squad game and the chances of us going through the season without injuries, suspensions etc are next to none. We need strength in depth to keep the ones starting on their toes but to also provide options for if things arent working in a game.

I would like to see us get a second defensive mid to act as cover for Kenny Dougall.
    A winger to offer cover for Thiam and also to offer the option of a proper 442.
    A pacey striker to offer an alternate option up top.

3. twi

twillo Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Still feel we need a third choice keeper. Walton is fantastic back up but we don't have his replacement if Davies gets called up regularly for Wales.

Would also like another central defender. We have three very good players at this level but again, we're gonna have injuries throughout the season. Seen Will Smith play and didn't look up to it as a fourth choice defender. Looks as though a loan spell would do him good at lower League 2 or upper Conference level.

Still need another two wingers. Isgrove is constantly injured as is Hedges. Definitely need one before the deadline.

I think we're ok in midfield. Jared Bird is more than capable to act as that defensive shield at this level if Dougall gets injured or called up.

Despite the loss of Bradshaw, our attack looks really strong. Chaplin would be a waste of time bringing him in as he's not better than either Moore, Adeboyejo, Woodrow, Brown or Thiam. Would benefit his career more going to Coventry unless we're shipping on or two out. Brown looks as though he's gonna be used as a full back.

4. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yes. A winger and a pacy forward pretty desperately

5. RC_

RC_tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I would be incredibly surprised if we signed another goalkeeper. Be pretty surprised if we signed a centre back too.

In my opinion, it’ll be one winger in.

I wouldn’t mind some cover for Dougall though, unless Bird steps up as you mentioned. If he goes away with Australia in Jan though I reckon we’ll need someone in on loan maybe.

twillo and Redstone like this.
  6. Lee

Leeds_tyke Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Winkler talked about 1 possible signing when he was pushed about it. He didn't want to give much away with his previous answers though. By my reckoning it'll be this German winger if anyone. I'd be happy with that. It makes a refreshing change to only be signing players that they want. With this lad currently playing for H96, it seems that it's not a spreadsheet signing either.