Does any1 care

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by BarnsleyBomber, Dec 4, 2018.

1. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Well-Known Member

Project Manager
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I haven't ridiculed the competition because of the inclusion of the U-21s, I decided to boycott it because they have no place in the competition. It wasn't ridicule, more like contempt.

2. plu

plug Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Have you noticed that the Cardiff fan likes to start s**t threads but doesn't respond on any other thread!

3. Chi

Chief Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Nope, dont care and didn’t go. We have to boycott this stupid competion until the premier league pulls out. Why care? It’s kids football and you can’t take that seriously, surely?

4. Winker

Winker Well-Known Member

RETIRED AND LOVING IT
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Just got in reight enjoyed it, cut a long story short GOOD at times / VERY POOR at times, WELL WORTH A FIVER x

5. Mar

Marktarn Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It's okay people going on about stendel playing a strong side..... he had no choice, the rules of the competition stipulate this!!!! Pretty sure if he could have he would have played reserves. Too many folk on this site cant wait to pull the team and manager to pieces.... makes you wonder why the bother following tarn!

6. Dja

Django Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Some mental comments on here.

Almost everyone I spoke to really enjoyed the game.

We were undone by incredible pace tonight, as soon as Pinnock got beat to the ball a couple of times in the first 10 minutes I knew we were in for a tough night.

People keep talking about our defence but it’s not the defence that’s the problem it’s the set up of the team. No Cavare tonight & both full backs were still caught high up the pitch plenty of times. Stendel wants to play attacking football & if you do that you leave the centre backs isolated & if you do that against teams with the attacking quality & pace of Sunderland last week & City tonight we see the results. But if we make ourselves more solid we will inevitably lose some of our attacking flair.

It made for a great game with them trying to play out from the back & us pressing them.

And just a point to finish with, this ‘resting players’ is nonsense.

Out of that team only Davies, Lindsay, Pinnock & Potts start virtually every game & Potts didn’t start Saturday & the other 3 are in positions where the players do the least running in the team so let’s not pretend tonight has caused any harm to our league form. It’s been a great chance for Jackson, both Williams, Bird, Bahre, Brown, Adeboyejo etc to get regular game time.

Unfortunately there’s plenty of our fans that just want to moan about everything. Personally I’ve enjoyed all of the home games in the competition & am just a bit gutted Woodrow didn’t score his pen to make it 4-2 & probably finish them off.

7. Sea

Seattle_Red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I take it you didn't go to the game. Technically the City players were excellent and in terms of age remember we have a very young squad compared to other clubs. City's 2nd and 3rd goals started in their own penalty area, cut through our midfield and ended with perfect finishes. They reminded me of one of the Vialli goals in 97, the one that came from one of our corners. Just about all their players will be PL or good Championship standard if they can't get in the City first team. If we'd lost to Burnley U21s I'd have been worried but not the side we lost to tonight.

8. Red

Redblueunwhite Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Well that's your opinion mine isn't and quite a few on here don't agree with you, it's all about opinions we move on to Saturday.

9. portsmouth tyke

portsmouth tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Wanted them to win, after all winning breeds confidence but as far as the competition and current format goes it's a big meh from me. I would love to see two U21s in the final at Wembley, the sponsors would be in meltdown

Last edited: Dec 5, 2018
    ScubaTyke likes this.
  10. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
  11. Dan

DannyWilsonLovechild Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    I didn't realise we had a game last night.... looking down the fixtures from last night.... erm..... nope... we still didn't have a game last night.

12. Men

Menai Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Our problem last night was that we didn’t put them out of sight when we had the chance. We had good chances at 1-0 to us and didn’t take them. Also the biggest moment was the woodrow miss from the pen at 3-2 to us. I genuinely think we would have ran out winners had we stuck that one away.