Don't Read this...........

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by 55&counting, Oct 10, 2019.

1. 55&counting

55&counting Well-Known Member

Avid Vic & Bob fan.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I can cite several but I won't be specific. Generally speaking, "thanks" would be withheld had there been serious / gross misconduct by an Employee.
    Use your imagination.

2. JLWBigLil

JLWBigLil Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I posted at the weekend what a sad, sorry state I felt the club was in. The sacking of Daniel Stendel certainly hasn't improved the situation. But another aspect has also deeply saddened me and that is here on the BBS. Even accepting that feelings are running high at the moment, I don't understand why people appear to be unable to disagree with one another without resorting to puerile, asinine, personal abuse. Why do some find it so difficult to be respectful of someone else's viewpoint when it differs from their own? Just because someone passionately holds a certain opinion doesn't mean that respect and decency can't be shown to those who think differently.
    When I see normally respectful posters going for the jugular of each other, simply for failing to agree on this matter, again I feel presents a sad, state of affairs.

3. Red

Redblueunwhite Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    They won't know if you're there or not or even care so don't cut yer nose off to spite yer face.

4. John Peachy

John Peachy Well-Known Member

The littlest hobo
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Defecating into the hat of the CEO maybe?

5. 55&counting

Avid Vic & Bob fan.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Come on Nudger!!!!!
    Nudger for Manager!!

6. orsenkaht

orsenkaht Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I don't think the gross misconduct example is really relevant to the wider point you are making. I also had to deal with the departure of people with whose conduct I had not been totally thrilled (falling short of any misconduct) but I always acknowledged the good things they had done as I felt to fail to do so would really say more about me than about them. While you make some fair points, it is the absence of communication from the Board which leads people to have to draw their own conclusions. In the absence of further information, we have a situation where a well-liked and very able head coach has been dismissed for results which appear on the face of it to have more to do with the actions of the management. I think that that strikes against the innate sense of fairness which most Barnsley folk share. If that impression is wrong and there is more to be said by the Board then let them say it. But until they do I will be left with the sense that they have acted less than honourably towards someone we owe a debt of gratitude to for last season's efforts at least. But in the spirit of what BigLil says above, I totally acknowledge your right to hold a different view.

7. Redhelen

Redhelen Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I can only think of criminal matters such as fraud that I am certain dont apply but if you cant cite any examples I will have to remain in ignorance.

8. 55&counting

Avid Vic & Bob fan.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Good one!!
    There's a few CEOs whose hats I would have taken great pleasure defecating into.
    Had one in the past of a lady defecating in reception!!!
    As Jim Morrison would say "People are strange".

ScubaTyke and John Peachy like this.
  9. bright red

bright red Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Good post 55. I’ll tell you what, why don’t we meet up next week, get pissed and sort it all out!

Stahlrost likes this.
  10. 55&counting

Avid Vic & Bob fan.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Sheffield Beerfest!!!
    You're on Big Lad!!!!

11. #FWF

#FWF Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    I agree with the OP.
    Any opinion I have would be based on what really happened behind the scenes, and what really happened behind the scenes I know nothing of.
    We can discuss it by all means on here but don't mistake conjecture for facts.

ScubaTyke and 55&counting like this.
  12. Loko the Tyke

Loko the Tyke Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Very fair view point and I don’t think that many will disagree with the overall context.

Where it does fall down is that I can’t recall an example, and nobody has pointed me in the direction of one yet, where a board of a football club haven’t thanked the departing manager. Not one. Even with gross misconduct I’ve still seen at least one positive line or a mention of thanks.

I wasn’t ‘genuinely devastated’ as some have been when it was confirmed Stendel had gone. But what was indifference to the situation has morphed in to feeling let down by the club, all because of the crass and disrespectful way they managed it. There might be reasons for it, there might be legal issues at play, but that statement is for the fans and nothing stops you providing a more professional and respectful response. After all, that statement is released for the fans. Your customers. The ones that you’re wanting to continue to back you and ‘the plan’.

Massive own goal from a collective of people that are supposed to be successful and switched on business people.

13. John Peachy

John Peachy Well-Known Member

The littlest hobo
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think Jim did a few things that would have been classed as gross misconduct.

55&counting likes this.
  14. KamikazeCo-Pilot

KamikazeCo-Pilot Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Well done. A well considered sensible post. When's the novel out by the way?

55&counting likes this.
  15. wak

wakeyred Well-Known Member

the clues in my imaginative online moniker
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Great post, I’d just add that maybe it’s the time we’re living in but the abuse towards our owners is just not helpful. By all means ask legitimate questions of what has gone on and why - engage the brain, but abusing people for being American or Chinese is just pathetic. Name calling and swearing at people robs you of any moral high ground and I hope people pack it in.

16. Dan

DannyWilsonLovechild Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Agree. Has anyone done that? Abuse them for being Chinese or American? I haven't seen that, but I do have a fair few people on ignore.

17. 55&counting

Avid Vic & Bob fan.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Hear Hear.

18. Jul

Julian Broddle's Perm Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Worked with a Sheffield United fan today who asked me, 'What's gone off with your manager?'.
    After a brief pause, and a think, I replied, 'I don't actually know'.
    And that is probably the only response any of us could give to that question given our limited knowledge of hard facts. I mean, has he;
    * Had enough of 'the plan' and got sick of lack of serious player investment.
    * Been tapped up by Sunderland
    * Got homesick.
    * Committed gross misconduct and been fired for non-footballing reasons. ???

We just do not know. We can guess, and blame the owners who are effectively faceless people, unlike our former manager. But the fact remains, we do not know why he has gone.

Will miss his passion and the fact that a 'foreigner' connected so well with the people of our community. But I am not pointing my finger when I simply do not know who to point it at.

Will be at the Swansea game though. Because Mowatt and the boys still have my full support.

19. WF3

WF3Red Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    There's loads of examples. The board are probably not in a position to defend themselves at this stage, but what if it comes to light he has been talking to Sunderland for weeks and he lost the dressing room as a result. (that Brentford & Preston performance suggests he has) I know Mowatt expressed a half hearted regret about his departure, but none of the other senior players have. Just saying.

20. Hooky feller

Hooky feller Well-Known Member

Retired, full time grandad.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Well written and thought out sir. You've written my thoughts far better than I could ever have done.

55&counting likes this.
  21. Redhelen

Redhelen Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    How was Mowatts tweet half hearted? And dimi Pinnilios and Chaplin posted on Instagram. So he supposedly lost the dressing room but you still.thank him. Given what s going off at Sunderland he obviously wasn't in contact with them
    I also know that staff arent wanting to be seen to be "on his side" for want of a better way of putting it. I'm 100% positive that if a proper statement had been put out there would have been thank you posts from the players.

I really meant egs. from your experience (obviously non identifiable ) because I'm still at a loss.