Don't recall ever seeing a goal like that

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Revvie P, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Rev

Revvie P Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Just watched the goal from today. Now as Tykes, we've witnessed some serious comedy defending in our time but dear God!

I'm pretty sure in my years of watching this game, I've never seen a corner kick delivery bounce in the centre of the six yard box. And where did it land? On the head of an unmarked man! How the hell do you have eleven men on the field and manage to neither attack the ball in nor mark the man in the six yard box? I'd be fuming if I were a Mackem.

2. Farnham_Red

Farnham_Red Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley
    Alan Hansen wouldn’t know where to start with that one. It really was dreadful defending and why didn’t the keeper come for it. The Sunderland defenders were like statues. Still we will take what we are given and it looks like Pinnock at least knows where the goal is

3. Sta

Stahlrost Well-Known Member

None
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Watch Pinnock's movement as the corner is being taken - that's how you lose a marker. Then watch how he controls the header from a ball rising up at him awkwardly. Good skill lad, well done on both counts.

Kettlewell and Journo Tyke like this.
  4. Prince of Risborough

Prince of Risborough Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    My suggestion the other day that it was a bit like reliving the great "Big Winnie" era could well come true. I don't want to put too much pressure on him but he has made a terrific start. Of course, it's possible he might not score again all season and may turn into not just an average defender.

On the other hand.....if he stars at Millwall next week and carries on for the next few games we might find ourselves fending off £10 million bids for him before the end of the month. If they come in I hope we resist them all.