Don't see why people are so negative so soon

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by S.M., Aug 13, 2017.

1. S.M.

S.M. Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'm no 'happy clapper' by any means, but 2 league games in and it seems were all doomed. For fck sake, there's 40 odd games left yet, it'll take Hecky at least 10 games to find his best 11 and when he does, we'll go on a run.

I've seen enough from some of the new players to know there's more to come. Defensively we need to do better, and it's not just the back 4, we defend as a team. Let's not write players off so soon, I remember Hourihane getting slated here for a few weeks and dropped from the team. It's Hecks job to find the ones who can step up, if 5 out of 12 signings work he'll have done well.

We've just signed a player or a million quid nigh on, hope he isn't reading this board.

2. twi

twillo Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    My issue is that we've played two league games against sides that are no better than us and lost and also struggled against a bang average League 2 side in the cup.

The game was over after half an hour at Bristol, we somehow squandered a two goal lead against Morecambe and if Hedges didn't score that cracker, would have probably bottled it in extra time and then yesterday we didn't deserve to lose yet we still did.

The worrying thing is if we lose Forest on Tuesday and then Sheff United on Saturday, that's four losses against sides I predicted us to finish above to the end of the season.

3. Jam

Jamo Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    What Twillo said.

There's a long way to go yet and so no need to panic, but we need to improve results against sides we're most likely going to be down the bottom end with, lest we get cut adrift. We desperately need a league win at Oakwell too, January 21st vs Leeds was the last one.

4. Wat

Watcher_Of_The_Skies Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I dont know how some people get through the day.

fitzytyke2 likes this.
  5. S.M.

S.M. Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If only football were so predictable, who predicted us doing so well last season? A win at Villa? Fine margins in football, 3-0 wouldn't have flattered us at half time yesterday. We know it's a tough league but Hecky will demand work ethic, in training and on match days. After last season, he'll now have a feel for what tactics, formation and kind of player works in this league.

Give it 10 games before looking at the league table.

Henry_Flower, Connor and fitzytyke2 like this.
  6. DusThaNoIII

DusThaNoIII Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    When I was concerned about us giving our best players in January I wasn't allowed to be because we had an artificially inflated league position from the start of the season
    When I was concerned about letting more players go at the start of the summer I wasn't allowed to be because we hadn't begun our recruitment yet
    When I was concerned we hadn't recruited thoroughly enough and were left with an inexperienced and thin on the ground team I wasn't allowed to be because "a ball hadn't been kicked in anger"
    When we lost the first 2 games I'm not allowed to be concerned because we've not played 10 games yet.

MarioKempes likes this.
  7. pon

pontyender Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If the rate of improvement from Game 1 to Game 2 is the same from Game 2 to Game 3. we will get something from the Forest game. As long as we improve from game to game that's fine by me.

Xerxes and Connor like this.
  8. fit

fitzytyke2 Well-Known Member

You're allowed to think whatever you want mate. Whether it be concern or just blind optimisation.

I don't think anyone of us wanted things to happen like they have.

In an ideal world we would have kept the playoff team together, but we couldn't. Everything that's happened since hasn't been because the club couldn't be arsed or wanted to cash in.

It is what it is. Millwall, Burton, Wigan and Bolton and blades won't suffer like we have because they don't have the quality in depth we had freakishly accumulated. No one will want to take half of their team every window.

9. Young Nudger

Young Nudger Well-Known Member

Counting great crested newts
    Hiding in a reed bed at the local RSPB nature rese
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    There was a lot of concern weeks ago because it was obvious by then that the club weren't going to get the players in quick enough for Hecky and staff to mould the team.
    Because of that - surely everyone knew it was going to be a slow start.

Hopefully Hecky is able to turn it around before long - because the longer the reorganisation goes on the more likely the players confidence will drain away.