Emotions

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by DannyWilsonLovechild, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Dan

DannyWilsonLovechild Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    I've thought about this for the last day, and wondered what the overriding emotion would be at the point of it being announced.

I watched his last interview upon the news of his contract extension, and at the time I thought it was very flat and lacking in feeling. After all, he'd just signed much better terms, in a job he loved (his words).

Then roll forward just a few days after signing that contract. A few days after bringing in players he welcomed in the transfer window, and a very short period of time from the sad news of our former owner passing away.

We obviously don't know what goes on behind the scenes, but I can't help feel their is an absolute lacking of any class in this at all. To go to a club he has publicly admitted hatred for, on such a short term deal, stripping the club he supposedly loves of the team that supports us through the week.... just days before what may be our most important game of the season....

And these are the actions of a Barnsley fan. I think not.

I'm sure he'll be on more money at Leeds, and no idea what the numbers will be or what they were, but that's no excuse. I'm disgusted quite frankly. And the view many had of him, well sadly it seems the pedestal he was given just wasn't fitting.

Wilson was lambasted for moving to local rivals, Spackman for not knowing what to do with a million midfielders, Winnall for forcing a move so close to Normans passing and the subsequent leaked picture. Hill was criticised for lowering expectations, Johnson for jumping ship after so much loyalty shown in him despite not winning for epic lengths of time. Flitcroft for taking a successful platform and throwing it away before losing the plot so spectacularly.

Then we have Paul. Who has taken all of that and multiplied it by a million.

Thank you for two Wembley wins, but you know you've taken an action you can't recover from in the vast majority of Barnsley fans eyes and you've gone and done it anyway, despite hating the club you now smile with as much glee as you can muster holding the scarf of one of the clubs we despise locally.

The overriding emotion. One of pity. That the man we thought we had was no such thing.

I don't feel anger, I don't feel hate, just pity for someone we thought was a hero, was one of our own. We were wrong. Pity.

2. Ged

Geddiswasguud Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I agree....it also shows just how much lying and bull is spouted...within football (not just our club)....still love to know what the story behind mcdonald was.(injured eh!??)....we also have his downbeat interviews of late....mmmmmm.

3. onemickybutler

onemickybutler Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I don't feel anger, I don't feel hate, just pity for someone we thought was a hero, was one of our own. We were wrong. Pity.

My sentiments exactly. I wasn't too bothered yesterday to be honest but that photo of him holding a Leeds scum scarf today is a bit much.
    Doubt there's much goodwill left in the town for Hecky now.....

Redstar likes this.
  4. Mid

Mido Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Agreed, I'm just a bit gutted about it all and it feels like a right kick in the knackers. I can accept him moving on to a bigger job but to them b'astards after everything he's said and before Patrick Cryne's even been buried is just ****.

5. Dan

DannyWilsonLovechild Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    I suppose the one part that does bring some anger is that the next game is so vitally important and has also been earmarked as a more fitting tribute and farewell to Patrick. To take these actions so swiftly in light of that, it tells you more about the person than anything else I feel.

#TimeforREALheroes

6. Redstar

Redstar Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    There aren’t any hero’s. Just transient mercenaries.