Fantastic Signings.

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Jimmy viz, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I still feel we may be in for a season of struggle but the signings made so far are bold imaginative with one eye on the present and one on the future. Congratulations to all concerned.

Sent from my iPad using Barnsley FC BBS Fan Forum mobile app

Connor and NathanBFC94 like this.
  2. Donny Red

Donny Red Well-Known Member

Retired.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I don't believe the Club after the season we had last term would purposefully
    re- build the team for it to struggle. One of the big plusses for me have been the comments
    made by Liam Lindsay and Jason McCarthy on signing for us.
    They have both remarked on the professionalism around the Club and how impressed they were
    with the Manager and the plans he had outlined for both them and the team going forward.

I always tend to agree with your postings JC but on this one I urge us all that we
    reserve judgement until all our permanent and loan signings are made.
    Once that process is completed and Hecky, Jamie, Martin and Sir Bobby have had input
    and brought them up to speed let's hope we get off to the start we all want.

If we don't win any of our games in August that's when we should start to get concerned.!

Jimmy viz and PonteEndGav like this.
  3. Merde Tete

Merde Tete Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I agree completely. My main worry is whether they will be able to bed in and hit the ground running. I will be extremely happy with lower mid-table this season, meaning that in 2018-19 we'll be able to have a proper tilt at the top six with the core of the squad still under contract for two years.

4. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    No we are a long way from being finished and I am 100 percent supportive of the recruitment strategy it genuinely is our only viable alternative.

Possibly I came across more negatively than I intended. On the evidence of our signings so far we will continue to recruit well. I just think we need a lot of players to get them all in and develop them and integrate them is a big ask. Our core last year was stable this year is more fluid.

Exciting times though.

Donny Red likes this.
  5. Archey

Archey Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    The fact that we've actively gone out and signed players from other clubs as opposed to picking up 'contract rebels', speaks volumes as well. We know who we want and we're getting them in early.

If we've done our recruitment right then there's no reason for us to struggle in my opinion.

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

Connor likes this.
  6. Hud

Huddersfield Red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Good to see young lads not inked up and that they can think for themselves rather than following the heard.

7. tyr

tyrone1 Banned Idiot

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I bet you two kids in here will consider that's not the case

8. Donny Red

Donny Red Well-Known Member

Retired.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Never been more enthused about our upcoming prospects for a new Season for a long time.
    If the fees we've seen bandied about in the papers are true looks as though we could have
    spent circa £2 million plus so far and who knows there could be more to come.?

With Hecky saying he wants to get his business done early, pre-season training almost upon us and the tour to Hungary looming to my mind week commencing Monday 26 June 2017 could herald the start of the most hectic and most productive activity in the Clubs recent history.

Connor likes this.