FAO Gally.

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Donny Red, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Donny Red

Donny Red Well-Known Member

Retired.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    In case I forget, at the next fans forum could you mention the following please.?

A lot of fans arrive well before kick off and enjoy a chat over a pie, a pint, a soft drink or a tea
    coffee or Bovril. Noticed that yesterday there were a number of supporters with sticks and
    arm crutches and because it was raining, water was transferred onto the floor immediately in front
    of the turnstiles making it extremely slippy. Saw one poor bloke who's walking stick slipped and he nearly went his length, and a female lost her balance and was prevented from falling by a male companion.
    That was in a 15 minute period before I left to take my seat in the East Stand.
    It's the same in the toilets. The floors in the cubicles eventually get soaked in urine by myopic
    fans. Could be beneficial to avoid any public liability claims to have staff or volunteers with dry
    mops on hand to keep the areas as dry as possible before and after the game and at half time.
    Just a thought.

On the subject of drinks, there aren't enough shelves to put your cup when you're trying to
    tackle your pie, chips or burger. Could do with shelving on every support pillar the whole length
    of the Stand and possibly on the perimeter walls, where space permits.

Cheers mate.

Gally likes this.
  2. Donny Red

Donny Red Well-Known Member

Retired.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Thanks Gally. It might sound a bit " trivial" to raise this issue, but when I was working
    a female colleague went into the Ladies. The duty cleaner had mopped the floor but
    not put a " slippy surface" sign out for everyone to see. As a result the lass skidded and fell
    very heavily. As well as tearing the meniscus in her knee which required surgery, she banged
    her head on the cubicle frame which caused a bleed on her brain. Poor lass had to quit
    work and pursued a Public liability claim through Unison. Saw her in town recently and
    she's now OK but still walks with a stick and is still not able to work. I had a hip replacement
    fourteen weeks ago and am still using an arm crutch. Very wary walking over any slippy surface
    as the ferrule on the stick can easily skid. I'd hate for one of our fans to incur an injury during
    inclement weather when the risks can be minimised.