FAO slo

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by redrum, Feb 26, 2017.

1. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I posted this on another thread it was just regarding the incedent that took place in the away end concourse at half time. Where according to Huddersfield supporters the catering staff had to shut the kiosk due to safety concerns the kiosk was then ransacked and beer was stolen and thrown around the concourse. Alot of the girls who work in the catering at oakwell are students getting some cash part time. I wouldn't like to think my daughter was working in the away end at oakwell. As barnsley seems to have become the away day to mis behave climb on the steel beams act the fool and post videos of it on social media. Same thing happened when leeds came and flares were thrown on the pitch one landed near adam davies after the penalty. Are the police and stewards doing enough in the away end to ensure the safety of staff and even players?
    Just a thought but if a club sells more than say 2k tickets why not put police and stewards in the concourse at half time. And get some anti vandal paint for the beams.

2. Bon

Bondy Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Redrum
    Will look into it next week.

3. Ext

Extremely Northern Well-Known Member

Professional Northerner.
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    All the police & stewards are in the ponty end checking people have tickets, yet ignoring people stood in gangways, smoking in the ground, and stood up in front of kids etc. It's superb.

4. JamDrop

JamDrop Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Blooming 'eck! Don't go asking for paint if you want to see any at any point this century. We've been waiting near enough 5 months for some flourescent paint. ;)

In all seriousness though, I do agree with your post.

5. Sup

SuperTyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I honestly don't understand why the club are happy to leave themselves liable for a lawsuit when somebody has an accident.

6. Wie

Wien_Tyke New Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Bondy, could you also get the definitive from the club as to the capacity now at Oakwell. I was under the belief that the capacity of Oakwell was 23k, but if hudds had 4.5k assuming that the capacity of the east stand is 6k then this would mean that the new capacity of the ground is around 20k as the club announced a sell out for home fans.

It is obviously the west stand North End that makes up this difference but it would be good to get the real position of the club re our capacity going forward.

Cheers

7. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I agree it's a accident waiting to happen either one of the catering staff is going to get injured or a supporter is with them beams. In league 1 it wasn't a issue when the average away following was about 400 but now clubs are bringing decent numbers their supporters think it makes it acceptable to behave like morons on the concourse and now even theft and vandalism have taken place. We pay for policing inside the ground so I think it's about time they earned their wage.
    I remember the return fixture at Huddersfield when bfc and htfc were working together to find a Barnsley fan who let a smoke bomb off. Well what went on Saturday Is abit more serious than a smoke bomb and hope both clubs are working together to find the culprits.

8. Mrs

MrsHallsToffeerolls Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Could just stick Hudders away shirt on em.

9. pon

pontyender Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    FAO SLO: West Stand answers please

It is about time we got a definitive answer about why the north end of the West Stand isn't being used:

Is it because it doesn't have a safety certficate?

Is it because it costs too much extra to steward and police?

I asked the box office on Twitter and was told that we don't need it. That clearly isn't true, as we would have sold more tickets for the Huddersfield game, if those sections had been made available and supporters had more choice. There must have been people who didn't bother, when they could see there was only either single tickets or inferior view tickets left. That's what people looking at the website on Friday night and Saturday morning were presented with. The club's view seems to be that a seat is a seat; they don't think 'view' and 'comfort' comes into it.

10. JamDrop

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Re: FAO SLO: West Stand answers please

Completely off topic here pontyender but I always notice your YouGov link in your signature. I was just wondering, how often would you say you reach the £50 payment level? I'm using Swagbucks at the minute and I get about £30-£40 a month with a small amount of effort but have made between £60-£70 a month when I really tried. Not sure if it's worth switching (as I realistically wouldn't be bothered to do both). Thanks.

Here's my Swagbucks link if you're interested in checking that out: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/JamDrop01

11. pon

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

If it's a case of doing one or the other, stick with Swagbucks. It took me 9 months to get the first £50 payout. You get £2 per referral though (and they sometimes double it to £4) which can get you there quicker. If I'd realised sooner, I could have knocked a few months off that. Thanks for the info about Swagbucks. I've heard of it, but didn't know it was that lucrative. I'll click through on your link and try it.

12. Rot

RothTyke Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    would probably help if the response team were on the away concourse at half-time.. instead of walking round to the ponty to chat and give drinks to their friends (supervisor guy in orange does it every game)

13. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    But then they may have to actually earn their wage!

14. JamDrop

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

Sorry everyone - last off topic post!

I've joined via yours and may get around to doing the 6 surveys at some point so you get the credit. If you do join SB make sure you click the 'activate daily goal' or whatever it is at the top as that's the easiest way to rack up points quickly. If you want any tips feel free to PM as it can be tough at first to start earning but there's simple things to do to gain more quickly.

15. pon

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

Thanks JD. I've done all the introductory things and unlocked the surveys so far. I like the look of it and can see how it's going to add up.

16. Heb

Hebeb96 Member

Style:
    Barnsley
  17. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

Don't know whether to laugh or cry[/QUOTE]

Imagine going to a nightclub and doing that you and all your mates going behind bar and stealing all beer. You would be held up by bouncers and then arrested by the police but at oakwell it's fine and nothing happens. We go to huddersfield and their club were crying because someone let a flare off. I don't know if they aren't bothered about the beer as the catering is tendered out. But get some anti vandal paint on the beams the little ****ers will think twice when their pals levis are covered in the stuff.

18. Jud

Juddy G Well-Known Member

Watter man
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Could we have something done about the catering, it is laughable in the Ponty end the service is shocking and they are missing out on thousands.
    They need to learn from other grounds/concert venues how to serve beer, and why do they only have cider at the small ex programme kiosk ?

19. DEETEE

DEETEE Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'm confused. Is he a young casual wanting to get a bit lairy or a member of some overtly camp boyband.

20. shenk1

shenk1 Well-Known Member

Urine Extraction Technician
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Could come in useful ;)

[video=youtube;VrOPUZDvpfE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrOPUZDvpfE[/video]