Farage Lying about Brexit costs....Again

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Farnham_Red, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Farnham_Red

Farnham_Red Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley
  2. DEETEE

DEETEE Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Plenty of lying bullshitting and posturing on both sides.

Serious question though. Now its generally accepted the uk is leaving the EU do you want the talks to be a success and have a positive outlook on the future or are you wanting them to fail disaterously so you can point and say told you so?

3. Sab

Sabre-toothed Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The whole brexit negotiations have been teed up to fail if you ask me. The establishment want ever increasing control over the masses, not a devolution of power. All these canards in the media about hard or soft brexit is just a smokescreen to allow the "negotiators" to water down the deal, I voted to leave knowing full well that meant leaving the common market, stopping free movement, and all the other associated regulatory bodies. There was no hard or soft, just Brexit. Nigel Farage is a tit, no doubt about it, but when it comes to a discussion on europe, I challenge anyone to better him on his knowledge of the union or his motives for wanting to leave it. He is, in essence, arguing to lose his own job, I'll take that over some unelected sleazeballs telling me the world will end if we leave.

Getrammellon likes this.
  4. Young Nudger

Young Nudger Well-Known Member

Counting great crested newts
    Hiding in a reed bed at the local RSPB nature rese
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    We give EU £12 BILLION a year.
    We get about half of it back.
    What we get back, most of it, £4 BILLION of it, is paid to rich landowners and farmers.
    I'm sure we could find better ways of spending those £££ BILLIONS.
    But IMO we need to continue paying a sum into the EU to maintain access to open markets.

Kettlewell likes this.
  5. Farnham_Red

Farnham_Red Administrator Staff Member Admin

Style:
    Barnsley
    Of course I dont want them to fail disastrously. If we are to leave the EU we need someone with a clear vision of what we want post brexit and then go and get it.It must of coure be actually achievable though.
    Unfortunately at the moment I get the impression that the government is making up policy on the hoof more to try and placate various factions in the Tory party rather than seeking the best deal for the country.

I'm still struggling to come to terms with the fact that we agreed to exit the EU as the ultimate goal with no idea what we wanted to happen next - unfortunately neither does the group of people negotiating it seems - unlike the EU negotiators who are quite united and clear at this point

6. Sco

Scoff Well-Known Member

The interface between business and technology
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    There is an old proverb that I used to have on a t-shirt, it might be from Sun Tzu "Prepare for Rain. Hope for Sun". I want it to go well. I don't believe that will happen with the Tories, and I doubt they have any idea of what they actually want. I'm expecting it to end badly for the majority of working people. I am putting plans in place to get out while I still can if it goes as I think it might.

7. Dan

DannyWilsonLovechild Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Well they still haven't appointed lead legal negotiator... And paying below market rate, so it looks like they are playing for time

It will be a disaster as after a year they are still using it for politics and not a reasoned order of decisions to get to a goal

A year has passed and the govt still don't know what brexit is at the end of it

8. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Brexit is a complete car crash on both sides. I'm happy that tbe tories are the ones leading discussion. They will undoubtedly **** it up and life will in tbe short term get worse. Then we can 'get our country back' in a different way than Farage ever intended. Warm,inclusive and forward thinking. Corbyn needs to be careful how he plays things and if he does well then the nightmare of the last 30 years can be left behind.

madmark62, Marlon and Sestren like this.
  9. Skryptic

Skryptic Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    In 1945 Japan had just had two nuclear bombs dropped on it, and had an emerging economic superpower on its doorstep. Granted the world is different now, but why is their small island of 60 million people so different to ours. Why does nobody tell them to go join the Chinese?

10. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Farage is a politician that's what they do..... lie

11. upt

upthecolliers Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I want them to fail disastrously not to say I told you so, I just don't want the U.K. to leave the E.U.
    As for Farage Lying well does he do anything else.

Marlon likes this.
  12. Old

Old Gimmer Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Greatest act of national self-harm since. Ever.

13. sadbrewer

sadbrewer Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Much used phrase from those who wish to remain, but repetition, no matter how many times it is said does not necessarily make it accurate, it depends on your viewpoint of self harm . The economic case will not be known for many years whether it is advantageous or not, and I certainly understand and share concerns for that.
    There is though the political case of self determination. Any nation that seeks it's own path could be considered to be gambling with economic self harm, the devil you know etc., many Scots want independence from the rest of the UK, but who are we to criticise that choice, their right to govern every aspect of their own society is a matter for them, but it could be economically damaging ( it may not...that would be tested in practise)... why should anyone consider that as self harm?..perhaps they or the Basques and Catalans in Spain, or the Slovaks who parted amicably from the Czechs have considered the same options.
    From very early days European politicians such as Chancellor Kohl, Brandt, Pompidou and others have been clear that the aim is absolute political , social, monetary and military union...a Federal European State, if you are in agreement with that, that is your choice and that is a valid argument, however for those who don't want that, continuing to accept that vision could be considered as at least an equally great act of national self harm.

14. Sab

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Could not disagree more. Look what we voted for in the seventies, was it an ever-expanding political union? No. Was it having the vast majority of our laws made by unelected beurocrats? No. Was it annual net migration figures of 300,000 mostly unskilled labour from the poorest countries within europe?. No. Did we vote to have a single currency? No. All that was voted for was a policy on trade between relatively similar countries (economies wise) that we would not put tarriffs on goods. End of.slowly but surely however, this union has been expanded beyond all recognition into a state, a state which has the intention of lowering everybodies living standards to just above the breadline so you are in a constant debt cycle. Once everyone is on that breadline we a ripe for the taking completely, politically and financially.

Xerxes likes this.
  15. Old

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You are clearly very thoughtful about this. I am too. Whether we are representative of the voting population is a moot point.

16. Old

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The founding fathers also had the ambition of preventing the wars that have blighted Europe for centuries. You are welcome to your opinion, and at least you seem to be informed. I stick to mine.

17. orsenkaht

orsenkaht Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)

And the alternative is a similar surrender to Mr Trump and his insurgent global corporations, which will shaft us even quicker.

On the plus side, I read elsewhere this morning that Liam Fox is in the process of arranging a lucrative trade deal to sell chocolate oranges to Burkina Faso.

18. Sab

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    All wars in my opinion are engineered by very powerful despotic individuals/corporations to serve their personal agendas, usually for power or profit. Look at WW2, Hitler was a complete numpty no question, but he was infact bankrolled by Henry Ford and Prescott Bush to name but two. Prescott Bush and a number of his associates were actually found guilty in the USA under the "trading with the enemies act". The Rockerfellers who own Standard Oil traded Tetrylether lead with the Germans, as this was an essential additive the Lüftwaffe needed in their planes' engines to stop something called "knock". If the American firm had not sold the germans this, the lüftwaffe would have been non-existent, all those deaths from the bombing runs, all so greedy men could get more money. The EU is just as corrupt as any of these men listed above.

19. Old

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Sat on a plane going to Spain while I still can. There are all sorts of corrupt people. Some of them British believe it or not. Future generations might judge that the massive leap into the dark was worthwhile. Or they may not.

Sabre-toothed Tyke likes this.
  20. Xer

Xerxes Well-Known Member

Ex-oil Company Project Director
    West Riding of Yorkshire or St Selve, France
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Most of the Remainers seem to be worried that they will be trapped in the UK and not be able to get pissed in Spain. They are can't see that the EU is run by the undemocratic commissioners for the benefit of the very wealthy.