Feel A Bit Better After That

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Conan Troutman, Aug 16, 2017.

1. Con

Conan Troutman Well-Known Member

Professional Football Fan
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I still think we've got some pain on just stopping up, but I did see an improvement from Satdi, which in itself sounded like a big improvement from the defeat against Johnno.

I am still worried about the lack of squad depth and what will happen if/when we have a few injuries. Hopefully the lads who haven't had a chance as yet can step up if they are called upon.

I would take a point on Satdi though as I think the Blunts will be a tough team at home this season.

YRCO

2. John Peachy

John Peachy Well-Known Member

The littlest hobo
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Good battling display that hopefully will bring more confidence.
    I still expect us to bring a couple more in. We had few options off the bench last night.
    I think bringing Bird on was a bit of a message to the likes of Mowatt & Mallen, but possibly to the board as well.
    I thought we'd lose all our first 3, so to have a win is a bonus, but we are not out of the woods.
    A bit of experience still needed for me. We have some great individuals that have been signed, just need to keep building them into a team.
    Last night was a step in the right direction.

3. BFC

BFCFan4Life Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I agree with much of that - think its important that we remember too that we actually do have quite a few players injured/unavailable that will be very much involved (Lindsay, Isgrove, McGeehan, Fryers, Thiam) so that's 5 more bodies to add into the 18 from today at least, before any more recruits, and possibly Yiadom too if things do fall through.

That was my first sighting (apart from Rochdale in pre-season) of the team and I'm a lot more optimistic about things than I was before I went - there are clear flaws in the team (far far too easy to get down our left hand side, very fortunate that Darikwa's final ball/finishing wasn't better) and I have serious concerns over Potts (and think he only stayed on for the last 2 games because he's tall and we're vulnerable at set pieces) but some promising signs I would say.

Hope you're well James.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2017
  4. Sopwith Camel

Sopwith Camel Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Well done Reds last night.. Trojans..
    Still worried by our defending... But happier today than Sunday morning..

5. DusThaNoIII

DusThaNoIII Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    James James, james?

6. Con

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You too Rob.

I have high hopes for Lindsay - of our summer signings he and McCarthy appeared to have the most potential i.e decent experience at a young age. I was a bit worried about McCarthy after the Rotherham game but I have been quite impressed so far. I'm also hopeful that McGeehan can come in and make a big impression too. I am trying to keep an open mind on Pearson but I think he lacks pace and like you say they were getting balls in too easily. Still, with the exception of Hammill I'd say al the players are still on a learning curve but yesterday's result and performance can only help build confidence. Must admit, I was a bit worried about us going into the break on 0 points so at least we've put that to bed.

Onwards and (hopefully) upwards.

7. fit

fitzytyke2 Well-Known Member

We've started brightly in every game, and scored first in 3 of them, which is something to build on.

I think there are one or two players that won't be first choice, or not in the position they currently occupy, and we'll have more of a fighting chance.

Considering we had less than 40% possession and far less of everything from shots to corners etc, I think we vastly improved defensively in the 2nd half last night, plus we had a bit of luck at times, which is always nice.

8. Archey

Archey Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    We'll do them on Saturday.

No doubt in my mind.

And Ched will get sent off.

9. Con

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'm going for 1-1 but I hope you are right.

I don't see Evans as a threat as he is not the player he was, and has he ever done it at Championship level?