Feel for PH tonight

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Hemsworth Tyke, Jan 14, 2017.

1. Hem

Hemsworth Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    We are really lacking numbers in certain area's. That made him have to pick a certain team tonight rather than maybe the team he wanted to put out.

I think with Morsy here he goes Bradshaw, Hammill (I think he should have picked kent today) Williams and Scowen as a front 4. Allows us more defensively and we could do to them what they do to others and attack with width through the full backs.

But we don't and he went with what he had. Fulham use the loan market very well and have three really nice players in. Martin, Kallas and Piazon. I'm not sure if it was to plan or not but they are all very good at the style they ball.

On to the game. I thought we were okay in the first half. Slow start and Martin gets in and good save by Davies. Having seen the highlights what are the full backs doing. Awful from them. Either step up or drop deep. Any defenders with any queility in the champ will pull you apart if you stand in a nothing position.

We got going and it was Barnsley for me that started to look dangerous. We just don't take our chances. That simple really.

The pen looks soft doesn't it.

Second half it was just easy for them. Fulham control the opposition from the centre and kill you from wide. Full backs going forward against our formation the wingers. Our wingers just don't do enough defensively or they didn't today.

There will be a lot of talk about Bradshaw. I don't think he did bad today. The balls to him simply have to be better. Now i'm trying to be very kind to the centre-backs but they simply have to get the ball to him better. They over hit the ball so much he might as well just sit on the floor and save energy. 25 yards missing him by. What the hell, why don't they pratice this pre game. Kalas and Reem don't miss Martin.

Once he got the ball to chest just how he likes it. The kick was from Davies from a pass back. They had a few players more advanced than normal and TB got th eball down into Williams and we had a mini counter. Must be very fustrating for him.

We go again on Tuesday night.

We need to get it right and quickly in the transfer market. A few less risk would be nice.

2. Redstar

Redstar Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Agree with most of that, but are you saying no Houriane?

I see what you are saying re Bradshaw but he didn't work hard enough for me.

Fulham can use the loan market well given they can pay a £3 million loan fee for Martin!

3. Young Nudger

Young Nudger Well-Known Member

Counting great crested newts
    Hiding in a reed bed at the local RSPB nature rese
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Got to feel for Hecky at the moment - full stop

4. Hem

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    No Hourihane?

If you mean to the team I picked at the top then that was the front 4. so the 1 and 3 in the 4231. Hourihane would have played today. I don't think he was bad today RedStar but he wasn't at peak. Him and Hammill can be a little bit looking for the perfect moment for them rather than the team espcially Hammill. He holds off a pass for 3/4 touches to see if it opens up for him. Kent not normally animated on the pitch wasn't happy with Hourihane towards the end. Should have feed him the ball back with a good chance to shoot. Liked what Kent did today. It was a Kent match today and PH might have got that wrong.

5. Tarntyke

Tarntyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I didn't go today, but it was always going to be tough against a very good team who have the best home record in the division. Having said that the fine lines between success and failure were highlighted today with the Hammill effort that hit the bar, The Bradshaw header that went wide, The very dubious penalty decision. The challenge on Armstrong that looked more of a penalty than Fulham's. We could've been talking about a very different result but that's football for you.

6. Hem

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    going to be tough against a very good team who have the best home record, PH mentioned this the other day. They actually don't have a great reccord at CC this season. They are only a point better than us at home and played a game more. Before this match they played 13 home games and got 17 points.

I think I said we'd played okay in the first half. Seen the Bradshaw header on the highights. we got ahead then they get fustrated and start to rush things.

7. Tarntyke

Tarntyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    That's what I mean by fine lines. I didn't research Fulham's home record myself but the Barnsley Chronicle stated that we were to visit ' the best home team in the Championship'

8. Archey

Archey Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    I don't think the way we set up did Bradshaw any favours. That said how do you set up against such a good side.

We're certainly looking light in terms of bodies and have little ability to change things. I thought White had a torrid time, and ideally we'd want to ease him back in but obviously needs must.

The Blackpool game gives us the opportunity to try something out, maybe with Moncur and Armstrong from the start?

It was always going to be a difficult game, made even more so by the bizarre penalty decision just as we were about to go into half time with our heads held high.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

9. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    We lost to a better team with a better squad and a lot more money. It happens you can't beat the odds every week.

I'd end the loan for Kent if it was possible. 6 months in he has done very little to justify even a place on the bench.

I don't think Bradshaw suits a lone striker role of the forwards we have available he seems to suit it least (not much pace or physical strength).

At the same time good post well thought out and constructive. I still think we need a ball playing centre half to play alongside Roberts. The passing from those two is very average and frustrating to watch though I attach no blame to either it's not their game.

10. Merde Tete

Merde Tete Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If I criticise our players I try to be constructive, but I'm really struggling with what I've seen of Kent. Getting dispossessed when attempting is mazy run is part and parcel of being a winger, I'm just not entirely sure it's supposed to happen repeatedly in your own half of the field (and nearer the penalty area than the halfway line at that).

11. ryhilltyke

ryhilltyke Well-Known Member

Construction Worker
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Agree with most of that Hemsie, but Hammill was far and away our best player first half

12. Andy Mac

Andy Mac Well-Known Member

IT
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    I didn't go, but that is a decent review for me based on the highlights and other comments.

As for lacking in numbers, missing Yids, SW and Janko makes that statement blindingly obvious, but I know what you are saying. For me, the return of White is a concern, I like him and was looking forward to his comeback, but he was poor at Blacky and sounds like he was poor again yesterday.

Fulham are the best side I have seen. I feared a hamerring yesterday but the fact it was only 2-0 after being outplayed I take as a small sign of progress.

Another good sign to me is this is the third post of yours on the trot that has been easy to read. I do believe you have made an effort. I like that.

Sent via Royal Mail and typed up by my Tapatalk byatch

13. Hem

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I think we need to give Aidy White time. I think he's getting back to where he was but it was difficult yesterday. Aluko's a good player and whilst they don't have the same threat as the left from Full back he will get round on the over lap.

Seeing people comment on Kent. I thought he's been good in the last two games when he came on. He's bee causeing problems. I think with White he would do well.

14. Met

Metatarsal Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Pretty fair assessment that. Virtually all of the team were guilty of doing the one thing that you can't afford to do against Fulham - giving them the ball back cheaply.

I don't think anyone was horrendously bad, we were just second best all over the park.

What I did think was positive was seeing the players remain positive and committed. It's hard work and easy to let your head drop when you're chasing the ball for long spells.

Final ball on quite a few occasions just wasn't quite right, whether it was the weight of pass, direction or timing. It happens.

Davies was excellent, but a word from me for Williams and Hammill. Hammill looked like his old self for lots of the game, especially first half, and worked hard with White to stop those endless attacks. Williams I thought had a great spell between 20 mins and half time. Good to see - the pace is still there and there were a few good attacks that he led.

Actually left the ground feeling quite positive if I'm honest.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk