Feeling flat

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Brian Mahoneys Waist, Feb 4, 2018.

1. Bri

Brian Mahoneys Waist Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I was hoping yesterday was going to be the start of a new dawn for BFC.It ended up being as flat as a pancake.I know Paul as to work to a budget be so does every other manager,some greater some smaller.I honestly thought with the impetus of new signings and the chance to break our Loftus Road hoodoo the team would perform as though there lives depended on it (in football terms it does).What I saw was 2 very poor teams separated by a superb goal from Scowen.Did I expect more,yes I did.We seemed to be lacking in creativity,we looked unbalanced as a team,we had nothing going forward and the balls in to the box were woeful.I am a massive fan of P.H and he will go down in Oakwell folklore for what he achieved a couple of seasons back but things have got to change else he will be remembered for this disastrious run we're on which could result in our relegation.One other thing I'd like to mention is I know Sheff.Utd were on the crest of the wave from last season but nearly all there signings this and last season have come from lower leagues just like ours.The difference being there riding high and we after spending 2 or 3 million pound more are struggling.

2. JamDrop

JamDrop Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    With all due respect, we only signed some of the players 3 days before and one of them isn't even allowed to play yet. Give it a fortnight and then see if we've improved. (Yes, I know we don't have a fortnight to wait but we can't realistically expect them to be amazing before they've even trained together for a couple of weeks).

Extremely Northern likes this.
  3. Bri

Brian Mahoneys Waist Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I didn't expect any of the new signings to play except for Mills.I meant the impetus of new signings in the "house" creating a little excitement maybe.

4. Micky Finn

Micky Finn Well-Known Member

Light bender
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    They are currently on a worse run of form than us - form over last 6 has us in 17th, Blunts in 18th. Piggies 23rd!

5. Dodworther

Dodworther Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'd like to see a December to February form table.....