Football is screwed ...part 2

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by churtonred, May 16, 2018.

1. churtonred

churtonred Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Fifa planning a revamped World Club Cup. 24 participants, initial competition to be by invitation, subsequently by some sort of qualification process.
    All clubs involved to be guaranteed £100 million just for turning up. Man U and Liverpool set to be invited from England.

2. Dragon Tyke

Dragon Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Man Utd and Liverpool ... but not Man City....... madness. I understand that Man U and Liverpool have won more honors over the years but that's all now changed. Maybe a better way would be for the League winners to qualify and then the next 4 have a playoff for the other place. But how often is this going to take place ? with the world cup and Euros happening every 4 years then surely it would only make sense to have this every other year sandwiched between those two.

3. churtonred

churtonred Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    To be honest I like the idea of a Club World Cup as an alternative to the same old same old Champions League. In reality the european clubs are so much financially stronger that the famous old South American clubs would become also rans. And the 100 million. Just another way of making the rich further out of the reach of the rest of us.

4. occ

occook Banned Idiot

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    How about they stop pissing about. Top team from each league goes into this competition so it really is “the best of the world” 2nd place and FA cup goes into European cup. Then league cup winner goes into the Europa league or whatever it’s called.

Stop this nonsense of finishing 4th being celebrated. Absolute joke. Bring real value back to the FA cup and then also makes league cup more exciting for all the lower prem and EFL teams.

churtonred and Jimmy viz like this.
  5. Marlon

Marlon Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    It’s not about honours or that stuff and nonsense it’s about which teams can generate more money through world wide armchair fans

6. Til

Tilertoes Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I have no opinion either way as I don’t watch any champions league games nor many premiership matches so it wouldn’t make one iota of difference to me.

7. lan

lannoy Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    totally agree, by putting 4 teams in they have basically made the competition all about 4/5 countries Spain, Italy, England, Germany. They should be spreading the wealth to smaller countries and clubs like Dinamo Kiev, Steaua Bucharest, Red Star Belgrade etc they have no chance these days

8. anstonred

anstonred Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    All the “big clubs” can all sod off to a Euro super league for me! For me, the rest of the premier league can disappear up its own exhaust pipe! The money is immoral & we need to return to sensibly funded football

churtonred likes this.