For the first time in years

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by troff, May 3, 2017.

1. troff

troff Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I bought a season ticket today. Well two, for me and my oldest.

I work permanent evenings (on a self employed basis so no sick or holidays either) so miss all the midweek games. My previous job had me working some Saturdays. For that reason I didn't renew - probably getting on for ten years ago. I think my name is still on one of the white seats in the east lower though!

This season just ending has been the first that I'd have actually saved money by having a season ticket with the games I've attended. I always do all (or most) of the Saturday home games but this season the prices per game have been dearer - and will be more again next season. I'd guess there will be a fair few up at thirty quid or more plus at least an extra fiver for the lad, with very few under £25 I'd guess.

Figured if I get to more than half the home games, which I will, I'm better off with a season ticket, especially as I've bought in the family enclosure (dirt cheap, though a little close to the north stand I guess).

The lad will be over the moon when I tell him, not back from after school sport club yet.

It also gives me an excuse to skive off some Tuesdays ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk