Forest Comments

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by jagzz88, Sep 22, 2019.

1. jagzz88

jagzz88 Well-Known Member

Construction
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Barnsley looked a decent side but our defence were rock solid.

Great win. Barnsley were impressive.

Is it just me or did Barnsley look loads better than their league position suggests? They played some good stuff at times.

Lots to work on then, but a great performance from Barnsley! young lads did themselves proud and deserved a bit more. We would have drew this last year, that's a hard earn't win.

Best team we've played all season along with Leeds. Can't see them going down.

I wouldn't call it ****. I think Barnsley are a lot better than their league position suggests. We were sublime at times.

Did we make that tough for ourselves or were Barnsley a competent side?
    More the latter than the former. But 3 points is three points.

Make no mistake Barnsley are a good side. They're a decent striker away from being up there.

We rode out luck, played as a unit, helped each other out and stayed focused till the final whistle...that's the stuff that makes a promotion push.

Said before the match they are in a false position. They have poor players but good mentality and style.

Barnsley were good on the ball but had zero end product. They deserve to be where they are. We’ve been ‘good’ some years while finishing 18th

Barnsley looked good against Leeds too, who had to wait until the last ten to get the first goal. It isn’t just us.
    The way we defend we only need one goal. Hanging on a bit at the end with ten men, but secured the points and continued the run. No one will want to face us at the moment.
    Their keeper was MotM. The best display of sweep keeping I’ve seen in a long time.

Their manager- their attitude is spot on..no way are they going to be anywhere near the bottom in my view

Barnsley looked good, compact side, and in Luke Thomas they have an excellent attacking threat.

Stendel is a top manager, I wanted him when AK walked.

Game of two halves. Forest comfortable in first half and should have gone in 1 or 2 up with a Barnsley defence all over the place. Second half was more even, Barnsley probably edged it, and by the end of the game were unlucky to lose the game.Fair play to Barnsley fans today, brought loads, stood up for Brian and gave him some applause, and only the one (that I could hear anyway) scabs chant. Thought their keeper was immense too.

Always a more difficult game than some folk made it out to be. Barnsley aren't as bad as their current league position suggests and will probably pick up as the season goes on. They certainly made us work for our win today, and were nowhere near as bad as the likes of Birmingham and Derby were. Important to win today, regardless of how that win came.

Brilliant win against a difficult opponent.

A patchy performance from us but enough to win the game. Having said that Barnsley had the better chances and our keeper was busier than theirs.

Barnsley made us work hard for that win today and credit to them, they are much better than their league position suggests. Also the Barnsley fans were class today joining in with the minutes applause for the great man. Something that I personally appreciated.

We were certainly the better team in the first half and asked them more questions but the second half belonged to Barnsley and they really took it to us. I probably couldn't have argued if they had got a draw.

2. Tarntyke

Tarntyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Thanks for posting that,Great post, Hope the players read it as well. Keep the faith, get behind em, the tide will turn.

Connor, 55&counting and Redhelen like this.
  3. Jam

Jamo Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Forest fans I met after the game all said there's not a prayer we'll go down based on that performance, and said although they weren't at the races second half that was more down to us playing well than them deliberately sitting back.

We desperately, desperately need to work on that final ball. A team with one decent crosser of the ball and one striker with better positional sense would've put 5 past Forest in that second half.

Connor and Redhelen like this.
  4. RC_

RC_tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Contrast to when we played them last time in this division and all of their comments were how bad we were.

Very contrasting to a lot of reactions on here too.

5. DusThaNoIII

DusThaNoIII Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    We need points on the board not patronising hair tussles from opposition fans about how well we did to only just lose to them.

6. jagzz88

Construction
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Missing the point completely. I’ve seen messages on this board over the last 2 days suggesting we’re a league two outfit. Forest fans comment similar to Leeds last week 2 very good sides its to bring a bit of positivity to this board that we have something to work with and if we can improve the final ball and finishing we’ll start picking up points.

Abruzzo Red, Macks40, Connor and 6 others like this.
  7. DusThaNoIII

DusThaNoIII Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    We lost 3-0 to a league 2 outfit. Nobody is arguing we dont have potential, we simply don’t have the necessary quality up front to score goals and we won’t until league 1 next season.
    How many points does opposition fans’ platitudes put on the board?

Stephen Dawson likes this.
  8. Tarntyke

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Perhaps they’re not patronising, just giving their opinions of the game. I don’t patronise the opposition when I’m giving them credit for their performance against us

9. jagzz88

Construction
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    They put 0 points on the board but playing well will lead to points gained our finishing can only improve.

So with 38 games to play we’re already relegated? I’ll look forward to bumping this thread come the end of the season.

Macks40, Redhelen and ScubaTyke like this.
  10. Jak

Jake The Red Banned Idiot

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It doesn’t suit the narrative or agenda that’s prevalent on here.

Tilertoes likes this.
  11. BramptonTyke

BramptonTyke Well-Known Member

Shop worker
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Id rather they were saying we garbage and we took a point and scored rather than all this well done Barnsley rubbish. Its like they are patting us on head saying well done for trying. And they keep saying we are a goal scorer away from being a good team, selling moore was still biggest mistake this spreadsheet could have made!!!

12. Tarntyke

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    We would all like points on the board however they’re achieved, but when we do lose it’s much better to hear from opposing fans that we more than played our part, rather than we were crap and how come we only scored one.

13. loy

loyal tyke mb Active Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Stendal is doing his best to develop a style of play to enable us to compete . A win would boost confidence but what is the plan for the club in the next 3 seasons ?

14. Jak

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Rumours were he refused to travel to France in pre season and was forcing a move.
    Getting £3million or whatever it was for him was outstanding business and he'd have made very little difference this season.
    What the biggest mistake was in my opinion was the failure to sign a better replacement with most of that fee received.

15. BramptonTyke

BramptonTyke Well-Known Member

Shop worker
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    If you honestly believe moore would have made little or no difference to the team this season you are deluded and kidding yourself my friend.....

wombwell-red and Django like this.
  16. Young Nudger

Young Nudger Well-Known Member

Counting great crested newts
    Hiding in a reed bed at the local RSPB nature rese
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The initial post reflects what Daniel was saying in interviews post match.
    Which contrasts to the teddy out of the pram comments from the majority on here after the match.

Wilmersdorfer Winky likes this.
  17. Bri

Brian Mahoneys Waist Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    We spent the night out in Nottingham after the match and every single Forest fan I spoke to was full of praise for our team.Not patronising just your normal football loving supporters who were very impressed with the way we played.In my opinion the results will come.

18. KingBenny92

KingBenny92 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Patience needed even though it’s hard

19. Jak

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    No, I have an opinion that’s different to yours. There is absolutely no need for such remarks.
    Moore wasn’t good at this level last time and it should have been easy to replace him. There’s the mistake.

20. Redstone

Redstone Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Irrelevant how often we read these sorts of comments. If we don't start scoring goals we will go down, it's a obvious statement but clearly it needs making.
    "Looking good" does nothing for me, we aren't scoring goals.
    In fact another perspective would be when we play well we are still losing games.