Further evidence this country is truly fecked

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board ARCHIVE' started by Tarntyke, May 31, 2015.

1. Tarntyke

Tarntyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Not satisfied with electing the fecking nasty party and its muppets to govern the next 5 years, people now vote for a dog as Britains best talent. Now I like animals and dogs in particular, but can the British public be trusted with a referendum?

2. t'owd man

t'owd man Well-Known Member

Skivvy for r lass
    Style:
    XenForo - Xenith Reds
    NO

3. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    I didn't vote for the Tories or the dog, but I'm not sure I can be trusted with the decision as to whether or not it will be beneficial for the UK to stay in the European Union. I think it probably will be, but I can't be sure that the profligate spending of some member states won't drag us down with them. The EU only just managed to survive the 2008 financial crash, but it's still on its arse and I don't know how it would cope with another. History has taught us that the next financial crisis is always just around the corner. To be honest, the multifaceted complexities of the issue are way beyond me.

I'm almost certain that the various political parties and the media cannot be trusted to give us a fair and balanced argument. Complicated and difficult ideas will be reduced to sound bites; explanations of complex issues will be aimed at the lowest common denominator to the detriment and understanding of everyone; and just one point of contention will account for 90% of the discussion: the freedom of movement across member states, or immigration as it will be referred to. All the official figures state that the influx of workers from the European Union has had a beneficial effect on the UK economy, but since the rise of UKip, no politician of any party is willing to make that claim for fear of being labelled soft on immigration by the British media who have bent over backwards to accommodate the views of a political party that has just one MP. There's every chance the UK public will vote us out of Europe in the belief that freedom of movement costs the country money, without ever being given the full facts, the actual figures or an argument to the contrary.

To make matters worse, I'm not sure any political party of any note want us out of Europe. Labour, the Lib Dems and the SNP certainly don't. There are some Tory MPs that do, but there are plenty of others that don't, including, it seems, the Prime Minister. I'm not sure on which side they would fall if given the vote. Ukip want us out of Europe. Douglas Carswell, Ukip's solitary MP, must be the most powerful man in the country having managed to secure a referendum despite having a minority of 648.

4. Jimmy viz

Jimmy viz Well-Known Member

Ballet Dancer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    People watch Britain's Got Talent I wouldn't trust em to boil me an egg on that basis.

5. 'thereev'

'thereev' Banned Idiot

Company Director
    stop being so woof on the dog.

can't beat a nice doggy!

6. CrossTyke

CrossTyke Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It's only brought up that people shouldn't be trusted with a vote when the vote goes against what the person complaining voted for.
    Of cause the British public should be given a vote , we are supposedly a free country and the generation before us fought a World War to give is that freedom to choose who we want to govern us and not be dictated to.

7. Epsom Red

Epsom Red Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I do feel well-informed enough to make that decision at the referendum, which is why I will be voting "No" to the EU. We're better off out of it.

8. Gloria Stitts

Gloria Stitts Active Member

Yes I'm sure the country would be better off with Ed Miliband in charge, I'm sure he wouldn't have ****ed up the economy like every other Labour government.

9. EastStander

EastStander Active Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I wonder if the government will insist upon at least an 80% turnout at the referendum in order to achieve a "No to the EU"

10. RichK

RichK Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    That will all depend on the result the govt want. They'll decide based on what gets the result they want. No doubt.