Getting Fans Back In Stadiums

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by dreamboy3000, Jun 30, 2020.

1. dreamboy3000

dreamboy3000 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    https://www.exhibitionworld.co.uk/disinfect-group-partners-with-bematrix-on-entry-point-solutions

The above article is what in today's Daily Star has been tried out by AFC Wimbledon in the hope of fans being allowed back for next season without restrictions.

You turn up in your mask, enter an entry point disinfect tunnel, push a button for a dry spray, disinfect your hands, look at a screen that takes your temperature and if you get a green light you step into a disinfection chamber where dry most envelopes you to kill all bacteria on your clothing. Then you can take your mask off and enter restrictions free to watch the game.

Sounds like queues to get in would be huge so you'd have to turn up earlier but if it allows everyone back from game 1 it's a small price to pay.

2. JamDrop

JamDrop Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I hope these temperature checks don't trigger a response from St John's Ambulance if they are too low :D Whenever I have mine done, I've always technically got hypothermia, even in summer.

TitusMagee likes this.
  3. dreamboy3000

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    As someone who's more weary about fans returning to stadiums would this idea make you decide to not stay away....

https://www.pressreader.com/uk/daily-mirror/20200630/282638919857855

4. JamDrop

JamDrop Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'd like to know the science behind it and if it has had clinical trials that proves that it works otherwise going in a booth that sprays things around and has plastic doors may make the situation worse. I think it probably wouldn't make me feel better as temperature checks are supposed to not be that accurate and spraying peoples clothing isn't going to particularly help as I'm not planning on hugging or stroking anyone. The booths may help get rid of any external droplets on skin and clothing but can obviously do nothing about the virus inside the person. Some people around me always seem to have permanent colds, they cough and sneeze almost constantly the entire season and so unless the temperature check picks them up then I'm more bothered about that than what might be lingering on their clothes I'm not going to touch anyway.

HarpStaysSharp and dreamboy3000 like this.
  5. Gimson&theBarnsleys

Gimson&theBarnsleys Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Also, it's a virus, not bacteria.

6. dreamboy3000

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Jordym93 likes this.
  7. sel

selby Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I don't see how these would make a huge difference? If you arent showing symptoms and get into the stadium although you may have been sanitised on the outside your going to be touching your mouth and eyes then touching rails etc.

Are you expected to wear a face covering in stadiums to try limit that or I don't see much point in it.

The colder months where these things spread at faster rates through breath and sneezing will surely make these pointless?

8. KamikazeCo-Pilot

KamikazeCo-Pilot Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    It's like the decontamination scene in Dr. No. And with my luck I wouldn't go through with Ursula Andress it would be Anne Widdecombe

9. Red Watch

Red Watch Active Member

Apprentice trained pensioner
    Style:
    Barnsley
    Maybe we could have some outside the Gents for all the mucky sods that don’t wash their hands before leaving.

10. Redstone

Redstone Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Guessing it will be reduced capacity when it does it happen.

11. hav

havana red1 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    No away fans? I know people are travelling to the coast etc but would we want say 100,000 fans travelling up and down the country every few days?
    At the start perhaps this would be more practical and much much easier to police.

12. Brush

Brush Well-Known Member

Ex-IT professional
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    What about "home" fans (like me and Arabian Ian to name but two) who live some distance from Barnsley? Or an "away" fan who happens to live in Barnsley? A good idea in principle but difficult to enforce.

13. RC_

RC_tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    French cup final had fans in attendance last night.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53532177

It says there were 5,000 in there and the stadium holds 80,000 but in the picture near the bottom of the article, they don’t look hugely distanced.

14. Redstone

Redstone Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    Not having official away sales would stop thousands from travelling. Yes you would still have fans travelling but it would certainly help in phased approach.

15. hav

havana red1 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yes I agree on that point to a degree. It's not that much of an issue with small/average sized clubs though if capacities are restricted. The problem would be somewhere like Man United where even if its restricted to say 40,000 then 39,500 wouldn't be from manchester :). So perhaps i'm misguided.

Brush and RedInBlackrod like this.
  16. lk3

lk311 Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It will all come down to the chemical being used, it’s initial products and any changes in being dispersed as a dry fog.
    Currently there are no chemicals(that I am aware of) that have been passed as being effective against Covid 19 specifically, that would be suitable to use in this way.
    There are many products out there that say it is effective and kills Covid, these claims may be true but they are against the previous strains not the current one.
    The general thought in the Chemical Industry making these existing products is that if it kills previous strains it should work.

17. dreamboy3000

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Watching a Football match outdoors in a mask looks ****.

18. Duntpasstome

Duntpasstome Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Restrict the sale of season tickets to a number that can be seated abiding by social distancing guidance. No away fans, less police spend this money on more match day staff, use all the ground, open the ground early, take your own food inside, increase the size of the fan zone area outside including toilets food and drink, put on pre match entertainment inside and out.
    Supporters entering the ground or in restricted spaces wear mask and gloves and take responsibility for your own wellbeing, remove masks and gloves when you are sat down. All seats to be cleaned before ground opens.

Encourage spending of programmes, merchandise, draws, pop crisps sweets by having more stalls available in the concourse or walking round as in the old ice cream sellers at the interval at the pictures.

Won't suit every club but the smaller clubs could survive this way and balance up FFP, bigger clubs have sky money.

Smaller clubs will sell more season tickets this way, no pay on the gate but do provide I follow live streaming for all games home and away.

Clubs to then pay wages and transfer fees that they can afford based on their income.

19. DEETEE

DEETEE Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    So to go to a football match they want you to take a greater precaution than going for a tatoo, the gym, the pub, the cinema...

Spray you with an unknown to you substance. The risk of allergic reactions or property damage. Which in turn leaves the club open to a damages claim.

Have to get there hours before kick off to get in regardless of the weather.

You really see people turning up at half 1 in a freezing cold pissing it down day to wait an hour to get into a stadium?

You sit in the Eaststand dreamy. If you are made to turn up to enter the ground at 1pm with your own flask, how long would it last trying to keep you warm on the concourse?

Redstone likes this.
  20. ley

leythtyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    When fans can go to games again, it's going to take a while to get everyone in anyway. The biggest challenge will be how to keep strangers a safe distance from each other while they get into their ground, and to their seats. The concourse areas will need some managing given concerns on indoor space. Wouldn't be surprised if you can't get a pint at the game, as they'll want people to spend as much time as possible at their seat.

Heard something on the radio that it'll probably be 33% capacity to start with.