Good 3 points yesterday

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by MDG, Aug 16, 2017.

1. MDG

MDG Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Some of our attacking play was good with some nice link up between players. Some great balls into the box as well, unfortunately when we were sticking it to them we only managed to find the net once. So many of those lovely crosses, we had nobody with the ability to get their head on to the ball. Hopefully Thiam may add some extra presence.

Hammill covered a lot of ground, tackling back and far less holding on to the ball too long. Deserved his MOTM.

Defensively we still have a lot of work to do. Hoping Lindsay can come in and add a bit more quality, if not I think we need to be back in the market for another CB.

We seem to find it very hard to get the ball clear once the opposing team are in and around the box, giving too much space and slack marking, Hecky needs to be getting them drilled into working as a unit rather than individuals.

My main grumble is that both full backs (but mainly McCarthy) were drifting too close to our central defenders hence losing the width at the back, exposing us against the cross field balls they were putting in.
    Hopefully time and coaching can iron out the defensive frailties.

We ended the match seriously under the cosh, far far too many crosses being put into our box and our clearances were just coming straight back. It was screaming out for someone to come on and hold the ball up in their half when we cleared it. Maybe Payne for Bradshaw for the last 10 mins could have helped on that sense.

All in all though, we are improving and claimed all 3 points, holding on the end and not folding under pressure.

Well done lads, onto the next match, keep working hard on the training pitch and I think we have the makings of a good team.

You Reds!