Good point that.....

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Tarntyke, Sep 9, 2017.

1. Tarntyke

Tarntyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Didn't listen to 2nd half and not read or heard any match reports thus far. Would've taken a point before the game as they say. Well done the super Reds, onwards and upwards.

Kettlewell likes this.
  2. Con

Connor Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Hung on second half , jackson had a good game at back . We had chances but preston were better team

3. tyr

tyrone1 Banned Idiot

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    We should be beating teams like pne

4. occ

occook Banned Idiot

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Sounded like we rode our luck at times, and great work from Jackson and Davies to stop them scoring.

But on flip side we missed a couple of good chances ourselves.

What's most pleasing is we are seeing results and improvements in players so early in the season.

And we have Cavare, Fryers, Yiadom, McDonald, Isgrove and McGeehan still missing from the squad.

Hope to see one or two of those, plus Mallan, Pinnock and Thiam starting on Tuesday.

Connor likes this.
  5. Wat

WatfordRed Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    'Teams like Barnsley'

6. Acido Tyke

Acido Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It depends on how seriously we look at this Lg cup tie. If we want to win it and earn the trip to Wembley then Hecky shouldnt be making yet more pointless changes, which simply dont help the team long term because he will then make more changes for the next match in the Champship.
    Whenever possible I want us to play and stick with our best side at all times.

As for today I would also have taken a point and by the sounds of it, we have to be pleased at doing do. I dont know what the Nobbers are like now under Alex Neill but it sounds like Sunderland made a mistake in taking Larry Grayson from them.

7. twi

twillo Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'm currently on international duty but watched the scores come in. Was buzzing when that full time result came in as I think they'll be chasing a play off spot. Don't know if it was the Peroni making me think this way or what but that's one point more than I thought we would get when I woke up this morning.

8. Dragon Tyke

Dragon Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    they had a real go at us in the last 15 minutes or so. But our lads defended well. We are showing signs of gelling and improving, I was happy enough with that. I know you cannot get a true perspective by watching on a live stream but you do get a decent idea. I have seen all the games this season thanks to the iFollow live video stream and do believe we are progressing in the right direction. We have players to come back and also young lads developing well. I think we will be ok and not in any real bother come January.... when I hope we bring in more than we let go.If the take over is true then maybe we can hold on to our squad in January, personally I do not believe it.

Watcher_Of_The_Skies likes this.
  9. Tarntyke

Tarntyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    That's a well -reasoned post ( for a change)

10. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Abit harsh I think they have won all their home games so far this season and our away form has been the opposite so I would have took a point.

11. Acido Tyke

Acido Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Indeed it is, has Dragon Tyke been taken over by somebody else ?. :p
    I posted in the live chat thing at the end of the match, that a few of the expected teams are struggling down there already. And this season might not be as hard for us to survive as we first thought.
    I try not to expect too much from players who are still to come into the team, but Lindsay has made the difference we were hoping for at CB hasnt he. And with Isgrove and McGeehan to come into the MF as well, things hopefully will keep improving.

12. Dragon Tyke

Dragon Tyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    no the Dragon has not been taken over by a spirit.... As I say thanks to the live video stream, from iFollow , I have seen all our home league games so far & todays too, the Bristol and Sheff Utd games for whatever reason were not on , but I saw extended high lights of those. Of course I would much prefer to be in the ground...but 500+ mile round trip is very much a major event. iFollow cost me 130 euros and was the better option. I honestly do think we are progressing well and improving at a decent rate. As for the alleged take over...well sorry but something in my water just tells me its just not gonna happen if indeed it really exists which I cannot somehow believe.

13. nor

northender Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I thought we created the better situations but our final ball/cross was generally awful. Hopefully that will improve in time.

I think you should be encouraged with how you dug in in order to get a point. Sometimes it's the right thing to do to slow the game down and dig in, no matter how boring it is, and your away record didn't seem great prior to this.

Connor likes this.