Got to say...

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Johnny the tyke, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Joh

Johnny the tyke Well-Known Member

Beer Baron
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I thought we got tactics wrong today. Our midfield sat to deep. We lacked the tempo that has worked so well for us this year and Watkins was isolated in lone striker role. That said we created chances througout but failed to capitalise e.g. Watkins header, Mowatt 1-on-1, Williams clear on goal but failure to pull the trigger, and Hammills turn and shot late on. Plus a couple of solid penalty claims that didn't go our way. The officials certainly made life more difficult with there inept display but we could have been home and dry if we had taken our chances.

An ugly win but clincial finishing from Wolves today very similar to our loss at home to Forest earlier this season in many ways. Frustratingly we also had a man sent off that day!

In terms of officials. Tonights display was as bad as I have seen especially from the linesman east stand side. Gave Wolves every 50/50, he called Mowatt Red, missed clear off sides, and the ref was losing control ignoring constant delaying tactics, and let a few late challenges go?

We move on but how many bad officials can we have in one season.

I find it hard to understand why some teams are awarded high number of penalties yet we get very few. Is it just the one so far this year? And it was missed by Winnall. Especially when you consider we are second top scorers in the division. So we are creating chances and regularly get our penalty claims turned down. But yet against us recently we had awful decisions given against us Forest, Fulham and Leeds... come on FA sort it out its spoiling the beautiful game.

And Hecky, get the lads on shooting practice before Saturday