Had a nightmare last night

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Chef Tyke, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Che

Chef Tyke Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley
    That the club had rewound 2 years and agreed to sell out top scorer to our local promotion rivals for 500 grand..

Oh...

2. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Some are reporting he has already had a medical! I give up if its 500k I don't mind him gone for the right price. Bit 500 grand would show a lack of ambition and wouldn't be fair on the fans

3. onemickybutler

onemickybutler Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The last 12 months has been the best ever in terms of the whole club being as one. Players, fans & management all united.
    This one crazy decision for a measly 500 grand can see it all start to unravel.
    Baffled.......

4. Che

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley
    Agreed - it just doesn't make sense.

5. RASCAL

RASCAL Member

We all know exactly what the fee is that we're getting for Winnall, undisclosed but significantly more than some of the sums branded around in the media.

6. Mid

Mido Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'll be pissed off if it's true, which it sounds like it is now. There's no way we could've bought a lad with his record this window for that price. If he has forced the move he should be left to rot in the reserves, at the end of the day he would need to keep performing until the summer to earn a deal so would have to fight his way back. I think we are unanimous in the agreement that £500k would be a ridiculous fee surely we've not accepted it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. blivy

blivy Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Could it be that Winnall forced it through? He didn't look happy after the Blackpool game. Wouldn't be good for team moral to keep a player who doesn't want to be here anymore. I'd imagine it would out other players off signing a new contract if they knew we'd hold onto them against their will.

8. Tyk

Tyketical Masterstroke Well-Known Member

Dry buumer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    What a greedy, illogical, ill thought out decision this would turn out to be if it transpires to be the case.

After the club has worked so hard with ticketing offers and supporter liaison over the last couple of years to finally galvanise the fan base after years of appalling managerial appointments and hasty hire and fire regimes, when we have a team to be proud of, a manager who has earned the right to the board's full financial backing, when we have a fan base and club leadership finally allied and pulling in a singular direction thanks to the great work the club has done, after a once in a lifetime financial windfall from the sale of a couple of players, we see fit to toss it away in pursuit of a negligible sum.

Its not just the loss of one player (who may or may not transpire to be replaceable with the other good strikers in the squad), its what this move symbolises. Meek submission to a promotion rival just two places ahead of us in the league table, it stinks of us thinking that we don't deserve to be here or we somehow aren't big enough to be where we are and so we'll cash in on it while we can. To say it is disappointing is a huge understatement.

And one more thing, if, as they have done in the past, a club representative non-subtly implies at the next fans forum that the players 'head had been turned' or 'the agent forced our hand ' then I will be unimpressed to say the least.

What a **** decision if it happens.

9. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It wouldn't suprise me if he has forced the move he looked really pissed off with the boo boys at blackpool. Earlier on in the season when he was missing sitters and got some stick he wasn't happy and didn't celebrate 2 goals. He has been a mardy ****er at times the slow walking when hecky subbed him v reading, the constant arguing with refs the booting ball into the family stand last season.but what if hourhine scowern and watkins all forced moves do we let them all go?

10. Hud

Huddersfield Red Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley
    Add to that on the day of Rimos funeral. Well done Barnsley Football Club.

11. Che

Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley
    This

12. nezbfc

nezbfc Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I'd play this on repeat in the board room.

13. Tyk

Dry buumer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Players look grumpy during games all the time. They're at work, and it's hard, and it's not always going well. It doesn't mean they're permanently unhappy at the club.

14. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I didn't say that but he's had his strops and at blackpool he wasn't happy with the booing at all

15. Redstar

Redstar Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Or perhaps he was pissed off with the result and his performance?!

16. red

redrum Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Hands on his hips shaking his head at the away fans when booing and then stormed off! I don't think he was happy with the fans

17. Tyk

Dry buumer
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    we should have known there was something brewing. It leaves a bitter taste though that he's gone to a lager club.

18. Mr Badger

Mr Badger Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    He has had face on many times, arguing with refs, own players, waving his arms around in that "not my fault" sort of way. Then if he gets stroppy cos the team play poorly and get booed means to me his heart isn't entirely in the right place.
    Where I sit at home games we all say that when he plays badly HE IS REALLY BAD, I'm sure you say similar. Fortunately he always did that little bit that got him out of the ****... he scored a goal or twenty. That was his saving grace. But what is going on in his head?