Hammill needs to start every game from now on

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by MonkeyRed, Mar 12, 2017.

1. MonkeyRed

MonkeyRed Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I thought he made a real difference yesterday. Unfortunately he was a fault for the equaliser but that was down to his tiredness and the fact he was out on his feet having put such a shift in. Hecky should have brought him off well before added time.

He grafted from the off and looked like he wanted it and had a point to prove, and that's when you get the best out of Adam. He was always trying to make things happen and impose himself on the game. Not everything came off but he had that spark to get defenders on the back foot, which is so important to the way we play. You can't accuse him of going missing and having an anonymous 90 minutes as happens with some attacking players.

Defensively he really helped Jones out. Our left back spot is a weak link and so the know-how Hammill can give is vital and makes us much more solid down that side.

With Conor gone, there's a need for Hammill to be in there, not just because he is our only player who can deliver a set piece half as well, but also because he is one of the leaders in the group and is one of those who can step up and be vocal to fill that void.

2. Glo

GloucesterRedsBigBro Well-Known Member

Retired Bus Driver
    Home Page:
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Absolutely spot on and Mr.Heckingbottom really does need to recognise when a player has put a shift in and has to take a breather bent over with his hands on his knees, that player is struggling. If he can't spot the signs he ought to get down to Specsavers.

3. JamDrop

JamDrop Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Theres a huge difference in quality between a Hammill set piece and a Kent one so to be he should always start due to that alone. I also believe he manages to make whoever plays on the same side as him better and he certainly makes the crowd believe something magic could happen whenever he gets the ball.

4. fit

fitzytyke2 Well-Known Member

I've seen an improvement in Adam over the last 3 games.

I know he's known for not doing it when he's left us for other championship clubs, but they've had the money to replace him without giving him the chances he'll get with us.

He obviously believes in his own ability, and if Hecky and the fans trust him, I'm sure he'll be worth his place in the team.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk