Happy Xmas to all and hoping for a healthier and happier New Year...

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Tekkytyke, Dec 25, 2020.

1. Tek

Tekkytyke Well-Known Member

Retired
    Style:
    Barnsley Dark
    ... and an apology for my 'rant' the other day which started with expletives.. Naff excuse I know but.....

I thought, since we as a retired couple we are fortunate that we had been less affected by the Covid virus than many , it neverthless finally hit home that we were NOT going to be travelling to the UK as planned to spend Christmas with our family and since we had already had one trip at Easter cancelled previously means we have not seen our Grand daughter (except via video calls) since October 2019. She is almost 4 and it is time you can never get back. Even at that age it was difficult to tell her that Nonno and Nonna would not be coming for Christmas as she had been talking about it on almost every video call for weeks.
    Like I said , I know many people on here have had it far worse than us with the added money worries but I was a bit down when I posted.

Sorry again and here's hoping things improve and for those people most impacted, life can get back to some semblance of normality. Stay Safe everyone.

T.

2. She

Shepley Red Well-Known Member

Building Surveyor
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Merry Christmas fella. Hopefully you get the opportunity to spend some quality time your granddaughter in the not too distant future.

3. Redhelen

Redhelen Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I hope you get to see your granddaughter soon. I always felt a bit "odd one out" because my grandparents didnt live near enough to see regularly but some of my best memories are my stays with them or them coming to see us. Quality not quantity I suppose. Hope you both get to see your daughter and granddaughter soon and enjoy your Italian Christmas!

Shepley Red and Connor like this.