Have the club done a physical mailshot for season tickets?

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Omen, May 1, 2017.

1. YTB

YTBFC Guest

http://www.onceared.com/

As for your email issues if you want to send me your details privately I will look into it further.

Cheers.

2. BarnsleyReds

BarnsleyReds Well-Known Member

Style:
    XenForo - Xenith Reds
    I never have, or will look at current form, current team, manager etc when renewing my season ticket. It's shocking to me how many seem to have such fickle support.

3. Con

Conan Troutman Well-Known Member

Professional Football Fan
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You must be easily shocked then.

What do you look at it?

4. Tarntyke

Tarntyke Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I have previously renewed my season ticket on several occasions when we have had much worse seasons than this and when their has been much more pessimism about the forthcoming season. I'm certainly not pessimistic about next season, neither am I kidding myself it's to be all fine and dandy. It's going to be really interesting during the close season and I'm looking forward to it.

BBBFC likes this.
  5. BarnsleyReds

BarnsleyReds Well-Known Member

Style:
    XenForo - Xenith Reds
    I don't. I renew because I support Barnsley FC and want to watch them play football.

6. BBB

BBBFC Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Amen. The only thing I check or look at before getting tickets is whether or not I can afford them.

I think that might be the case for a lot more people than some on here assume. If I had to guess, I'd say if you took a survey of random people in the middle of town, they'd say price and time (kids/work etc) were the most important things.

Perceiving the team as crap will stop people coming, but not as much as those two, especially if they count themselves as fans.

I know I'm rambling a bit now, but I genuinely think the price structure allowing young kids to come free or very cheaply is going to indoctrinate the next generation. They'll have grown up knowing going to Oakwell as a regular thing, and seen a bit of success, so they'll consider themselves fans, even though they know we're not Man U or Chelsea. So it'll go back to the price & time thing as they get older. We're a proper community club.