Hecky ........... and potential new owners (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Bulletin Board' started by Young Nudger, Nov 18, 2017.

1. Young Nudger

Young Nudger Well-Known Member

Counting great crested newts
    Hiding in a reed bed at the local RSPB nature rese
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    ........ if the potential new owners want to get hold of Barnsley while maintaining a successful route forward - then contact Hecky ASAP and give him what he wants to enable him to stay at the club.
    We have one of the most exciting managers in the football league at Barnsley - let's stop any further attempts by clubs like Sunderland trying to tempt Hecky away from the club.

PS ......message to Chien Lee - get yer finger out and get the deal signed !!!

Connor likes this.
  2. only1kp

only1kp Well-Known Member

father of 3, best friends with jack daniels
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    While ever they are 'potential' new owners they can't offer hecky anything.

They can easily say to him "Dont worry paul, when the deal goes through you can have a 5 year deal on treble money and 20 million per transfer window"

Great offer but absolutely worthless if the deal falls through, and no matter how many times you reword the exact same point on a hourly basis anything 'potential' owners might say will remain worthless until or if a deal goes through

3. Young Nudger

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Well - IF the deal is a bit up in the air at the moment - then I can't see a problem of Chien Lee or his representatives contacting Hecky and just saying to him 'you have a job with us if we get hold of the club'.

My concern is that after listening to Patrick at the meeting then the takeover could take longer than what was initially thought - the longer these prolonged negotiations go on the more likelyhood that another club could step in and tempt Hecky away.

Something needs to be done right now - either by getting the deal done, or if not, then letting Hecky know that he has a future at the club no matter what happens.

4. only1kp

only1kp Well-Known Member

father of 3, best friends with jack daniels
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Because as i have said its worthless. Its just false promises until the situation arises were they can back up their words.

I am not disputing your sentiments on keeping hecky here, im sure the majority of posters don't either, but its just waffle no matter how many times its repeated.

It would be like me telling hecky the next time i see him in dodworth to stick with us because if i win the euro i am going to buy the club and give him a improved contract. I may mean what i am saying but it means nothing until i actually win it.

5. Gordon Owen

Gordon Owen Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Chien isn't the hold up. I reckon he'll pull out if it's not sorted by Xmas, then we are in the ****.

Huddersfield Red likes this.
  6. How

HowMuch! Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Nowt to stop PC giving Hecky a pay rise .
    Is there ?

Kettlewell likes this.
  7. churtonred

churtonred Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Does anybody have the first clue how much he earns? Or are we again indulging in total speculation and fabricating arguments on the strength of it?

fitzytyke2 likes this.
  8. Dod

DodworthRover Well-Known Member

Steel Worker
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    There is no reason in the world for this to drag on like it is. Liberty steel bought a massive chunk of tata steel both global company's and the deal was done dusted in four months. Buying bfc is like buying a corner shop to these people. In my opinion given the interest in and non sale of mboro brentford etc there just puffing there chests out putting themselves in shop window for a bit bigger club. There's no reason at all for this to be public knowledge for five months and nothing happen either way

Kettlewell and RedKestrel like this.
  9. Red

Red CB Well-Known Member

retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Lets be clear about this, Hecky must have been happy with the deal he got when he signed his contract , otherwise , he would not have signed it & because of the recent speculation , everyone is clammering for him to have an improved contract , great lets pay him what he is worth , but no matter how much we give him & how longer contract we give him , he is just like a player on the up , if one of the big boys come calling , he will be off , make no bones about it

churtonred likes this.
  10. How

HowMuch! Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    True .
    But the better the contract the better the compensation .

11. RedKestrel

RedKestrel Well-Known Member

TAL
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Its all hypothetical.. no one knows what he gets no one knows what he might get its nowt to do with your regular fans ..like the takeover it's all hypothetical.. when it's done or not then we'll know .. I doubt they give 2 f's about constant threads on the subject on a forum are saying YN

12. DON

DONKEYDOO Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The longer the so called deal takes to sort out the more sceptical we are about it and weather it will happen at all.(I don't think we (fans ) have been told anything really.....Is there a take over imenent....... how long does it take to sort it out , what is the hold up, In my eyes it would have been better not to say anything about takeovers ,buyouts or any new owners until the deal was done.

Hecky well I think if everything goes to plan He might be given the tools the money and the time toturn things around (I Hope) but I don't think new owners will have any loyalty if things don't carry on improveing.

we are a young side with plenty of promise for the future but a couple of experienced players in all positions will help, we aren't far away from being a very capable side and shouldn't be scared of anyone in the league.
    Ignore the rumours because they seem to be coming thick and fast WE ONLY KNOW WHAT THEY WANT US TO KNOW AND IM SURE THAT WE DONT KNOW MUCH JUST YET.
    when I was told Mr Bean was taking over the club I thought .....sounds about right

13. Red

Red CB Well-Known Member

retired
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    In fairness , the club never did say anything about the potential sale , the story came out in the press towards the end of august & I do not believe the club have made any official statement , however , certain individuals have made the odd comment out of courtesy when being questioned by the press / media

14. DON

DONKEYDOO Active Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Then why aren't we being kept in the loop . I know that we aren't privalidge to info and that its only for the goodness of there heart that we hear anything but rumours are circulating and this will only get worse .A statement could be made on the lines of ....We are in negotiations and this may take a while but we are working on it. There have been rumours that the chinease party have been seen at the odd game (this could be the chef from the take away for all we know. in my humble opinion no news is bad news and I wont believe any rumours until its signed sealed and delivered

15. Redstar

Redstar Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    The potential new owners have been seen, this is not a rumour. They are also who they are claimed to be. Or very very good doubles.

16. MappRed

MappRed Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Both Chien Lee and Paul Conway have been pictured sat next to Patrick Cryne at Oakwell. Hecky has also confirmed that Chien Lee briefly spoke to him on the occasion that he watched our game from the directors box. Hardly rumours.

17. Con

Conan Troutman Well-Known Member

Professional Football Fan
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    It would make more sense for them to sit with the CEO if he's the one making all the decisions.

18. MappRed

MappRed Well-Known Member

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    You’re a grown man who spends his time embarrassing himself on a football forum. I’d have a day off if I were you, mate.

19. Con

Conan Troutman Well-Known Member

Professional Football Fan
    Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    I will if you will x

20. Young Nudger

Style:
    Barnsley (full width)
    Yes I've seen both of them at the WELL.
    As things are going and dragging on - I think it would be beneficial for the future of Barnsley Football Club if I introduced myself to them the next time I saw them.